Okay, seriously, where is the warp drive?

GarryKE

I've spent a grand total of too-many-umpteen hours now trying to do what Youtube videos and written guides all over the internet say to do and none of them work and I've played this game for a few months now. Still nothing.

Can anyone tell me how they got their warp drive theta to see if there are differences in what the guides say? I'm beginning to wonder if it really is RNG now after all this hopeless failure.

Just thought I'd post a link to a video for proof that it can be found again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQOu4OjyE5s

Edited by GarryKE

1 hour ago, GarryKE said:

I've spent a grand total of too-many-umpteen hours now trying to do what Youtube videos and written guides all over the internet say to do and none of them work and I've played this game for a few months now. Still nothing.

Can anyone tell me how they got their warp drive theta to see if there are differences in what the guides say? I'm beginning to wonder if it really is RNG now after all this hopeless failure.

You have to visit different space station, you need to find a small alien trader (frog-lizard) called Gek. some have it, some don't

Edited by OJ9999vr

On 13/03/2017 at 5:46 PM, OJ9999vr said:

You have to visit different space station, you need to find a small alien trader (frog-lizard) called Gek. some have it, some don't

I'm not sure if your response was sarcastic or genuine, but thanks regardless. I was actually trying to say that although many Youtube videos show players getting the theta warp drive blueprint from crashed ship locations and, or Polo, I specifically remember handing in the last milestone and I remember being given the blueprint for the level 2 Atlas pass for the discovery milestone. So I spent ages searching all the right places and buying technology from Polo for 1.2mill, until he finally decides to let me hand in the milestone again, a second time.

I'm not the only person who has had this issue. I saw loads of posts on other websites where people were not finding the blueprint from Polo or any other planet location, mostly happening after Foundation came.

Needless to say, I finally got the blueprint. I guess it was a bug or added in with the last 1.22 update.

53 minutes ago, GarryKE said:

I'm not sure if your response was sarcastic or genuine, but thanks regardless. I was actually trying to say that although many Youtube videos show players getting the theta warp drive blueprint from crashed ship locations and, or Polo, I specifically remember handing in the last milestone and I remember being given the blueprint for the level 2 Atlas pass for the discovery milestone. So I spent ages searching all the right places and buying technology from Polo for 1.2mill, until he finally decides to let me hand in the milestone again, a second time.

I'm not the only person who has had this issue. I saw loads of posts on other websites where people were not finding the blueprint from Polo or any other planet location, mostly happening after Foundation came.

Needless to say, I finally got the blueprint. I guess it was a bug or added in with the last 1.22 update.

As what i can remember you previously found the blueprints somewhere on the planets, but now it looked like you could only trade for them. The most annoying thing were, i actually found the 400 warpdrive with my 1st or 2nd trader, and have never seen it since. The 200 i bought not long after, but 800 one i've never seen. So it might just be possible you'll have to find it at some planet.

But currently i've only been using the starting warpdrive, and just traveled trough blackholes. Because if not you'll have to keep repairing your extra warpdrives every time. Also in case you wondered my previous post wern't sarcastic. ^_^ 

2 hours ago, OJ9999vr said:

As what i can remember you previously found the blueprints somewhere on the planets, but now it looked like you could only trade for them. The most annoying thing were, i actually found the 400 warpdrive with my 1st or 2nd trader, and have never seen it since. The 200 i bought not long after, but 800 one i've never seen. So it might just be possible you'll have to find it at some planet.

Yes, it changed. First it was finding it at NPC stations on planets and crashed ship techs, then it was via Polo's tenth milestone (10 planet species scanned), now it's Polo. Who knows? No one it seems lol. What do you mean "you can only trade for them"? The new traders at the stations?

2 hours ago, OJ9999vr said:

Also in case you wondered my previous post wern't sarcastic. ^_^ 

Sorry, I didn't understand what you meant!

I do have it now but it seems as though it was bugged. I definitely remember getting the level 2 Atlas pass the first time I completed that milestone and, seeing as how Polo only offered to sell me rubbish blueprints afterwards, I'm guessing it was not supposed to work that way.

7 hours ago, GarryKE said:

"you can only trade for them"? The new traders at the stations?

Yeah, meant those (space station), my explanations might be all over the place, i'm not the best writer.

If i understand correctly Polo is either the Gek in space anomalyes, or the name of lvl 10 in scan all creatures challange?

On 13.3.2017 at 5:53 PM, GarryKE said:

This change with every patch they do.

Watching old youtube videos and listening to people only quoting old information without first hand knowledge will only send you on a goose chase.

In vanilla: You could get all reactors from homing beacons at crashed ship sites and from colonial outposts (operation centre and manufactory)

In Foundation:The only place in the game you could learn the reactor blueprints was from Polo. Only Polo. His last quest for theta was bugged making it impossible to learn.

In Pathfinder: I have not played it enough to be 100% sure of every way you can get it. I got Sigma from a Gek nanite vendor.  That I can confirm. Maybe the others too? Polo is 100% here as well.

Polo's last quest is supposed to be fixed now. Confirmed by many players. Finish his milestone questline, and you are guaranteed a Theta Reactor.

Edited by cryothan

31 minutes ago, cryothan said:

Polo's last quest is supposed to be fixed now. Confirmed by many players. Finish his milestone questline, and you are guaranteed a Theta Reactor.

Yes, it is. I got it a day or two after making this thread from Polo's planet scans milestone, after completing it a second time. I also have it on video which I'll upload and link here for anyone.

7 hours ago, OJ9999vr said:

Yeah, meant those (space station), my explanations might be all over the place, i'm not the best writer.

If i understand correctly Polo is either the Gek in space anomalyes, or the name of lvl 10 in scan all creatures challange?

Ah, I see. Yeah, you can get the sigma blueprint from the gek new nanite traders but I'm not sure I remember where you can get the tau one from.

And yes, Polo is the gek in the space anomalies; the theta blueprint is in that 10 planet species discovery milestone. So if you're doing your permadeath run, good luck with getting that blueprint! I've given up!

Edited by GarryKE
Hi :)

24 minutes ago, GarryKE said:

Yes, it is. I got it a day or two after making this thread from Polo's planet scans milestone, after completing it a second time. I also have it on video which I'll upload and link here for anyone.

Ah, I see. Yeah, you can get the sigma blueprint from the gek new nanite traders but I'm not sure I remember where you can get the tau one from.

And yes, Polo is the gek in the space anomalies; the theta blueprint is in that 10 planet species discovery milestone. So if you're doing your permadeath run, good luck with getting that blueprint! I've given up!

Better start doing more challenges then, so far i've only scanned 1 planet (only for the money). I've been stuck on sentinel challenge 4 the last 3-4 space anomalies, but first now i see the importance of it.

10 hours ago, OJ9999vr said:

Better start doing more challenges then, so far i've only scanned 1 planet (only for the money). I've been stuck on sentinel challenge 4 the last 3-4 space anomalies, but first now i see the importance of it.

It's a pain on permadeath I just found out. I only survived by closing the game on time! Good luck though :)

• 1 month later...