Editing Trophy Tips

Pretty sure that idea was shot down before because Sly doesn't want people to be able to change a highly voted tip into something stupid. That's actually similar to how I got one of my warnings. I posted a picture of myself in that one topic, and later on edited my post to say, "Like this post if you think I'm cool."

Pretty sure that idea was shot down before because Sly doesn't want people to be able to change a highly voted tip into something stupid. That's actually similar to how I got one of my warnings. I posted a picture of myself in that one topic, and later on edited my post to say, "Like this post if you think I'm cool."

Only the individual that posted the tip should be able to modify it, not anyone else.

Perhaps a remove instead of edit?

I think this ^ would be the best option of those mentioned so far. Mods have enough to worry about doing manually without adding tips to the bucket. I can see that editing would be nice however, good points have been made about why this is not a great idea. Granted, not all of us would stoop to the level of getting a tip voted up and changing it to some personal ad space but, the premise is sound.

I think that being able to delete your tip (and all of its votes with it) would be the best option. There needs to be some accountability when posting these tips and the lack of editing enforces that. You can request your tip to be deleted by "reporting it", I think. <- That was suggested to me by Sly at one point.

• Like 2