MMX20's semi-review of Skyforge

Alantor32

Hey, I wonder if this is okay to post a review of this game here? If not, can I request it to be moved to a appropriate section of the forums? I wrote a semi-review of this game on playstationtrophies.org's forums so I have copied what I wrote and will post it here.

I played the early access of Skyforge and I must say, it is far different than most free to play MMORPGs that I play and enjoyed every bit of it.

The prestiage system is this game's version of leveling up. The more prestiage you earned from donating to your followers in temples in the game's capital, the stronger you get and allows you to have increased health and be able to equip stronger equipment based on your Might which may be this game's strength or requirements to wear equipment.

While this game doesn't have an open world, the open areas in this game make up for it where players can interact or duel each other or team up to tackle enemies or bosses that may be too tough for their current prestiage if they are not strong enough.

The game also has Adventures which serve as this game's mission select or something. If you're going for S rank, you have to fulfill all the objectives before facing the boss to earn a S rank. Things such as performing finishing strikes on enemies or collecting health orbs or other items. There may be some cases where you have to find hidden items or fight certain enemies.

The game also allows you to change your clothes and your class on the fly whenever you want to.

The game also rewards you with equipment by clearing quests or beating bosses in Adventures.

The game allows you to travel to areas via a World Map of some kind in this game's Campaign option.

However, there is some cons to this game that I have encountered while playing the Early Access.

For example, only 3 classes are unlocked at the start and to unlock the other classes, you have to donate to the temple the class is based on for an insane amount of Credits which may be addressed in a future update or so I hope.

There is also no chat system (I may be wrong though.) which I hope the makers of this game will add in future updates. It may have a voice chat system, I'm not sure.

Plus, when you tried to purchase a class from the PS Store, there's this error that appears when you try to purchase from the PS Store. So I hope it gets fixed soon or is released when the full game is out on April 11.

I also heard that some PC players of this game favor the Atlas concept which acts like the Sphere Grid of FFX which the PS4 sadly doesn't have. But when the expansion Ascesnion was released in the PC version before the PS4 version came out, the Atlas system was removed from the PC game. 

Overall, I think it is a great game for those who want to play Free to Play MMORPGs, but I feel this game may need some improvements that need to be address.

My final rating for this game is 8/10. So I recommend this game for those who want to play free to play MMORPGs on their consoles. 

• 1 year later...