Call of Duty Modern Warfare Remastered Stand Alone release

23 hours ago, snakebit10 said:

so it seems from what I am reading online that the IW disc is still needed even for the stand alone version. I traded my copy of IW n without ever playing it but I was hoping I could re download me remastered if I wanted to still play it.

Can anyone who has bought the stand alone version from the store confirm if it works with or without IW?

Wow, just wow Activision that's just fucking bullshit, like seriously what's the point of even giving us the standalone version if we still need IW to play it 

6 hours ago, Dag said:

Wow, just wow Activision that's just fucking bullshit, like seriously what's the point of even giving us the standalone version if we still need IW to play it 

I was reading over on PlayStation trophies . org that if you have the version that came with infinite warfare you still need that to play MW Remaster. So I take it that if you buy the stand alone that is available in the PS store than you don't need IW to play it.

I guess they didn't want to go through the trouble to patch the copies that came with IW to make them stand alone.