Playstation Now

ratchet404

Hey all!

So a few questions about playstation now if anyone has experience with it.. (ill be using this on PC by the way)

How well does it actually work?

Do you need to use a PS4 pad or can i use an alternative controller?

Game saves, where do they save and can i use a save i already have in the cloud?

And is it actually worth the £12.99 they're asking for it?

My brother had it on PS4, so I'm not an expect, its like netflix but for games so you just stream the game. 

You can connect your PS4 controller to PC I beleive so you can play them with a ps4 controller.

I beleive there was a trial but I'm not sure if thats still a thing

Edited by Hanzoadam

I only used PSNow on PS4.

As far as lag is considered, the games ran quite smooth but resolution wasn't great. Could be my connection, idk.

I would assume you'd need a PS4 (PS3 might work) controller on PC. You need to use the PS button. When you use Now it's like using a PS3 so you got the XMB and all. That's where the saves are. If you have a PS3 it shouldn't be anything new to you.

If you have PS+ (and it looks like you do), you can move saves between the Plus Cloud and PSNow using the same acc.

Only you can decide if it's worth the price. I'm sure you can check the game library somewhere. If you find many titles you'd want to play and you have plenty of time to play then go for it. Btw it eats up data fast if you're on a limited plan.

Edited by DizzyDavidson

If you have a good strong stable connection PSnow works great.

The last time I used the PC app it was kind of glitchy, but it is fine on PS4.

You don't need a PS4 controller, but the PC app does not like it when you use other controller

All saves are on the cloud so if you have any PS3 cloud saves you can use them on the PSnow version of the game.

No it's not really worth £13 a month, but if you can catch the 12 months sub for £100 or so then PSnow becomes worth it.