Irony? More Like Hypocrisy!

DanielVT

I don't think it matters what your opinion is on gun control. We are all gamers here, and I am sure all of us whether some of us support the NRA or some don't, were offended and ticked off that the NRA blamed video games for modern day violence, especially gun related violence. When I saw this story from GameInformer (http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/01/14/nra-does-not-understand-irony-releases-ios-shooting-game.aspx) I had to chuckle.....and share it here. Finally, while this issue is political, let's not make this thread about gun control. This thread is just to make fun of the NRA's blatant act of hypocrisy. So let's step back from political beliefs, and just have a laugh! :P

NRA Does Not Understand Irony, Releases iOS Shooting Game

by Dan Ryckert on January 14, 2013 at 04:42 PM

nra610.jpg

Hey, remember last month when that unspeakably horrible event happened in Connecticut? Well, the NRA apparently doesn't. You see, the organization's Wayne LaPierre placed much of the blame on violent video games, singling out titles like Bulletstorm, Splatterhouse, and Mortal Kombat in a reactionary press conference. Now, less than a month after the shooting in Newtown, the company has released a shooting game for iOS.

NRA: Practice Range is now available for iPhone and iPad, and offers virtual shooting ranges, nine firearms, and all sorts of NRA information and resources. We've reached out to publisher Medl Mobile to see if they have any comment regarding the apparent hypocrisy, and will update this story if they get back to us with an official word.

• Like 1

Meh those are excuses you choose your own destiny if there someone to blame about your act is no one else but yourself blaming something else is just an excuse for our acts.

NRA are just a bunch of hypocrites plain and simple .

Yeah, exactly. I really want to know who the idiot was at the NRA that said "Hey, we just openly condemned video games, so now let's go make a video game all about guns!" Yeah......really smart!

Actually, they blamed it on violent videogames, they are morons for doing so but that game they released has no violence at all, is like comparing God of War with a Lego game.

I believe (I'm not american) that NRA is against violent use of guns, not the guns per se.

actually thats only part of the story... they blamed it on mentally ill people AND violent video games... the game they released talks about gun safety and such so really its not as hypocritical as everyone makes it out to be... they want people to use guns in a safe manor...

its funny and ironic