THEA'S TIP SERVICE

Maitre

So far looks like a 80 hours game.

Just started yesterday and so far here what i learned :

- do not hit the triangle button. There is no confirmation to end the turn.

- starting gatherers is better (at least on easy) when you are the attacker you often have different options from combat like hunting or tactics which are better for non fighters and you cant lose villagers.

- look at recipe for researches you want to buy especially for construction. Bought a research i couldnt build for 20 turns. O_0. 

- if possible early, crafting gatherering tools is very useful for your expediiion members.

Edited by Maitre

Here's some more stuff and strategies i got while playing :

StilRh is right but let me elaborate ... it seem non-basic materials used for primary or secondary components grant research point and xp when used in non-food crafts. And the rarer the mateials the points it seems to grant. The amount of research is also indicate next to the item image when you input the third component (aka the catalyst).

- Note that third components (catalysts) only seem to provide any use if you have a blacksmith since the rarity of the catlysts improved chance of crafting good quality item.

- To add attraction of units to your buildings, you have to use special items : dwarfs need gold, orcs need steel, goblins -> dark wood, elves -> elven wood, demons -> dragon bones, beasts -> wicker grass, humans -> food types in general. Note that RND is a capriscious goddess in this game and that high recruit stat does not equal easy recruitment. 

- If you have the choice, choose non-fighting challenges because the drawback of a failure is mostly always non-lethal.(98%)

- don't be afraid to disassemble items. it's done by hitting the TRIANGLE button in the INVENTORY screen (not the equipping screen).

- Don't be afraid to restart your game if you don't have what you want ressource wise near your town, or crappy starting ressources and bad npc stats.

Personal strategy that seems to gives good results so far : 

-reset game until you have a non-basic wood/fabric (spider silk) ressource next to your village (1 square away), note that ressources with ? in your tech tree won't appear on your map so don't be afraid to get the elven wood tech to make them appear before restarting. (first game i got dryad wood and second game elven wood).

- make you sure you have a gatherer for food and get all your other gatherers on wood. 

- if you want elves in your party elven wood is the way to go for your buildings. (elves with high-end 2 handed axes are OP fighters)

- next get the light armor then shield research for wood or start right away with clothes. why ??? because both recipees can be crafted with all slots of the material gathered in your village and since you'll be crafting with non-basic components, your be raking up those sweet research points and xp points.

- create shield recipe with you non-basic wood (i tend to place in infinity loop with triangle button) asign crafters as you see fit depending on resources and crafter abilities. 

- equip units with best gathering tools and crafters with crafting tools. (note that different components will yield differents weight)

- once your basic setup is up the rest can be done in the other you most see fit.

• most useful (in my humble opinion) constructions to aim for : blacksmith , well, blessed path (watchtower -> palissade -> blessed path)
  • upgrade your equipment :
    - warriors can wield 2h sword WITH a shield and easily handle a heavy armor's weight so its a no brainner. 
    - equip 2h axes on elves since they transform the dmg to PIERCING.
    - i tend to equip 1h sword and shield on most other units with 1 or 2 pikes and 1 maul on the units with the most strenght (numbers are a party of 12).
    - add a xbow, 2 accessories and 1 artifact on all units. and fill the rest of the weight with armor.
  • gather best ressorces with your expedition. best material for weapons tends to be moonstones for weapons and mytril for armor and shields, dragon bones are good too for weapons since it gives leech, spider silk is very good to drop items weight.
Edited by Maitre

• 4 months later...