Is there any DLC that has an impact on time/effort needed to obtain platinum?

I see there are no DLC trophies. And I haven't played the previous games in the series, so I don't have any desire to buy characters from previous games out of nostalgia.

Are there any DLC characters who are so good/fun/unique they're well worth getting just to make the game easier and more enjoyable? Or any DLC locations that are great for grinding or setting up trophy conditions?

• Like 1

Pleinair is worth , because she is cutest. .... Witch -> Metallia  has cool and useful overload skill to try to capture every enemy on a map . In story playthrough it sometimes cleared map of over 50% of enemys with full hp.  And its also usefull to convert prisoners into extracts to boost characters.  I have Season pass and i dont regret it, but i guess for Trophies alone you dont really need it. I like the extra chapters tho.

latest?cb=20100811022844&path-prefix=en

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
On 6/11/2017 at 1:34 AM, Xionx said:

Pleinair is worth , because she is cutest. .... 

And also, the Assembly character ends up getting replaced with a Prinny named Prick if you have her set as one of your Pocket Netherworld player characters.

She became my strongest and favorite character.

Edited by Froopy
  • Like 1

• 3 years later...

I know this is an old thread, but to answer the OP's question, yes. DLC makes it much easier for extract/stat boosting with Metallia. She also makes a great Magi-weapon. There are also some DLC characters with really good evilities and overloads that allow for unique and cool strategies. For instance, I used Pram and Metallia to beat Carnage Dark by using an overload that allows you to evade 100% of attacks for two turns and killed him on the 3rd or 4th turn. Laharl is a great character, Val is too, and plenty of others are also extremely good damage dealers.

If you use non-dlc characters, you're pretty much forced to use Magnus, Killia, or Void. You could get away with using Seraphina, a generic sage, Goldion, or Usalia as your damage dealer too, but it would be a little more grindy I believe. I think those 7 are really the best non-dlc characters, but full disclosure, you can complete the plat with just about any character with the right combo of evilities. From personal experience though, those 7 would require the least amount of grind.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
Grammar
  • Like 4