Rumor: Sega to buy Relic

Lady Lilith

http://segabits.com/blog/2013/01/22/rumor-sega-looking-to-buy-relic/

warhammer1-600x337.jpg

Interesting news coming out of the THQ bankruptcy. Apparently, they are selling their properties and developers piecemeal to the highest bidders. According to a Twitter post from Insidegaming, Sega appears to be the highest bidder on Relic Studios. If you don’t know Relic, they do the popular Warhammer, Company of Heroes and Dawn of War franchises. If this deal goes through, I imagine Sega will use them to boost their PC profile. We should find out soon enough if this deal is actually happening, but so far All signs point to “yes”. Stay tuned.

I would probably care about this more if I actually played more PC games. I wasn't too fond of the Warhammer PS3 game, it left a bad taste in my mouth for the rest of the series, and I never was a PC guy.

Still, I guess this is good news if it means profit for Sega, even if they should use that money to localize Yakuza 5, Yakuza HD, and Kenzan (and the 2 PSP titles and the Vita game would be nice). A guy can dream...only the first two are realistic.

There are a couple of other rumors flying around as well at the moment concerning the THQ auction in that

Koch Media (Dead Island etc) are the highest bidder for Volition ( Saints Row franchise)

and

Obsidians South Park is looking likely to be purchased by Ubisoft

Take these for the rumors that they are at the moment but at least it looks like alot of the IP's and jobs should be safe

DarkSiders haven't been found out who bought that franchise yet. If Vigil games gets shutdown than Darksiders most likely lost for the wind. As for Sega I am slightly concern with their problems they been having but let's hope they keep true to the Warhammer 40k setting like Relic did for their games.