MosesRockefeller's Backlog

My first completions of April:

MegaTagmension Blanc (Vita)

I finished the story. I don't know if I'll go for the Platinum but I'll probably play it a bit more. I enjoyed the gameplay and bite-sized missions. This was the last portable Neptunia game for me to play. I guess I need to get cracking on the two PS4 games in the series.

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 (Switch)

I finished the story in February, but I kept chipping away at 100% completion and finally achieved it a couple of days ago. There are two more story DLC missions that should release in the next month or two, so I will jump back in to play them also.

Spoiler

30727053_1902503203102282_30910950796920

• 2 weeks later...

MegaTagmension Blanc + Neptune VS Zombies (Vita)

I persevered and managed to get the Platinum in MegaTagmension on 4/30. It was a fairly easy Platinum. Thankfully the "RNG gods" were kind and it didn't take me too long to get the items needed for the "collectible" trophies. Overall I liked the game. It feels strange to finally finish the last Neptunia game for Vita. Onto the PS4 I guess.

Edited by MosesRockefeller

April 2018 in Review:

Here are the games I finished during the month:

MegaTagmension Blanc + Neptune VS Zombies (Vita) - Platinum

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 (Switch) - 100%

Purchases:

Subsurface Circular (Switch)

Splatoon 2 (Switch)

April was a very slow month for me. I'd like to say I got non-gaming things done, but I think I just mostly played longer games. 

• 4 weeks later...

Mario+Rabbids Kingdom Battle (Switch) - Story completion

I don't know why this game took me so long to finish. I got stuck on tough stages a few times, and I kept getting distracted by other games. But don't let that fool you, this game is great. I am looking forward to the Donkey Kong DLC campaign. Rabid Peach is hilarious. This is my top pick for most creative third-party Switch game yet.

Megadimension Neptunia VII (PS4) - Story completion (2 playthroughs for True Ending)

I recently finished the True End of NG+ (now I'm in post game). I am going for the Platinum in this game, but I won't be done before June rolls around. I like the changes to combat, and I think it's overall the best game in the series. I liked the split-up campaigns. It was weird to not have Plutia and Peashy as playable characters (not even DLC!), especially since this is supposed to be a sequel to Victory. However, the game has so many playable characters that it's a bit overwhelming already. Older Neptune's Pudding skill attack is so funny; I never skip the animation on that one. :) I read about some of the changes to the gameplay in the VR re-release, which seems like a lot of core tweaks. Even though my backlog is already too big, I may give it a try someday, when I'm waiting for a new game in the series. Right now, of all the localized Neptunia games, I only have 4 Goddesses Online left to play. Oh, I also started HDN Mk2 a while back, but I decided not to continue on with that or Victory since I have already played the ReBirth trilogy. HDN1 is the only game I played both original and ReBirth, and that game was massively changed in the ReBirth series.

May 2018 in Review:

I finished two games in May.

Mario+Rabbids Kingdom Battle (Switch) - Story completion

Megadimension Neptunia VII (PS4) - Story completion (2 playthroughs for True Ending)

I'm pretty sure I bought more than 2 games but I did a bad job of keeping track of my purchases this month.

Megadimension Neptunia VII (PS4) - Platinum

I kept playing the game and got the Platinum over the weekend. As I said above, I liked the tweaks to the gameplay and I think this is the best the series has been so far. Neplunker was a cool idea but mostly annoying. Oh well, at least there were only two of those maps. I'll probably play another JRPG before I start 4 Goddesses Online.

• 2 weeks later...

Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky First Chapter (PSP) - story complete

Man, what an amazing game. If you haven't played this game and like JRPGs in the slightest, check it out. I just started the Second Chapter and I can't wait to play this series as the story unfolds.

Great story, awesome characters, enjoyable combat... what's not to love?