I remember this game being released but the trophies were just in Japanese. Does this mean this simulator is up for a western release? (I don't believe this game would sell in the west though). At playasia they sell the retail version with English subs, but $60 seems a bit to expensive. 

The English trophies are for the Asian release.

It's unlikely they'll release it in the west at this point. If it was going to happen they probably would have done it when they released the English subbed version. But they've shown no interest in doing so and have already moved onto the next game. Plus, with the kind of game it is, there'd probably be a lot of negative media attention in the biggest western markets.

But even if it were released in the west, it'd have a similarly high price point because it's bundled with all the DLC they released for the Japanese version.

12 minutes ago, Shadiochao said:

Plus, with the kind of game it is, there'd probably be a lot of negative media attention in the biggest western markets.

But even if it were released in the west, it'd have a similarly high price point because it's bundled with all the DLC they released for the Japanese version.

With all the DLC on disk the price seems more in order. You might be right about the negative attention that comes with a western release. But as far as I've seen the game doesn't have any NSFW content does it? It might be a bit weird for us westerners, but I actually like weird :)

8 minutes ago, Calhoun_84 said:

doesn't have any NSFW content does it?

The fact that there's a cute girl is NSFW... 

32 minutes ago, Shadiochao said:

But they've shown no interest in doing so and have already moved onto the next game.

Or they are waiting for Allison to release a bundle.

1 minute ago, Calhoun_84 said:

With all the DLC on disk the price seems more in order. You might be right about the negative attention that comes with a western release. But as far as I've seen the game doesn't have any NSFW content does it? It might be a bit weird for us westerners, but I actually like weird :)

I think it's completely tame, but people get worked up about all sorts of silly things these days. I think a game where you play as a tutor getting close to a schoolgirl would be a pretty easy target and a big company like Bandai Namco probably wouldn't want to deal with the hassle. The second game looks like something that could get released without much of a problem, though.

Just now, Satoshi Ookami said:

Or they are waiting for Allison to release a bundle.

Unless the bundle is $120 then I don't see what benefit there is in them doing that.

• 5 years later...