Grand Theft Auto V release date

Lady Lilith

http://www.theverge.com/2013/1/31/3936960/grand-theft-auto-v-xbox-360-playstation-3-release-date-september-17th

gta-v-city-bkgd_large_verge_medium_landscape.png

Rockstar has announced that Grand Theft Auto V, the next chapter of the studio's most renowned franchise, will be released on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 September 17th. That's a few months later than the spring timeframe Rockstar was originally shooting for, but the publisher says extra time is necessary as it works to deliver a triple-A experience to gamers. GTA V "is a massively ambitious and complex game," reads a post on Rockstar's website confirming the new date. "It simply needs a little more polish to be of the standard we and, more importantly, you require."

There's no word yet whether a PC version is in the cards and, unsurprisingly, Rockstar isn't saying if we can expect to see GTA V on new consoles from Microsoft and Sony rumored to debut at this year's E3. As it stands, the game will likely be among the last killer app titles for the current generation of home consoles. We can only hope it's worth the wait.

Mmm...I haven't even beaten the fourth one yet (I haven't played III, SA, or VC). I mainly picked up 4 cause I heard it was like Saint's Row 3, which I really liked.

• Like 1

Technically this is the correct place to post it.

And I just got off work when I posted this, I didn't really have time to check. Also, I never think to check for this kind of news in the PS3 forum, because it should really be here. Not saying it should be because I think it should be, that's what this forum is for.

Edited by gamerm1337