This is unplayable.

Paleblood

I just started this on PS5 and it was impossible for me to keep the combo going into the fever at all, I tried 10 hunting missions in a row.  I turned the PS5 to 1080p and turned off HDR and my first mission after that I popped the trophy for keeping fever mode going for a minute.  I could feel the difference in input lag even in menus.  My guess is HDR is the biggest problem here. 

Cheap TVs that doesn't process HDR well are the problem.

Another problem, I think, many people have is that audio output is set to bitstream.

PS4 and 5 are known to have an issue with it as it adds a 300-400ms delay.

Unless you are using old standard like optical or ARC, there's no point in using bitstream as it's worse than PCM

• 6 months later...

I had issues discerning the beat from the audio and visuals when I first started this on my PS5 with an LGC1 TV using TV sound.  I felt like the audio was desynchronized a bit until I used headphones.  I also had issues where the flashing white and black lines at the edge of the screen were not in sync and barely visible with HDR on.  I set my PS5 to 1080p and turned HDR off and then I was able to see the lines a bit better.  I still felt they were slightly desynchronized from the audio but it made it far easier to get myself back into the beat if I lost track of it myself and also made it easier to transition into fever mode without dropping it immediately after it activated.  As I got near the end of the plat I basically just tapped my foot to keep my own metronome going and was able to infinitely maintain fever if I didn't get distracted doing that.

I would say that this game just wasn't really updated with modern TVs and audio arrangements in mind.  It was made for the PSP which had one set of hardware it had to work with and then the port was probably the exact same code with no updates to accommodate for a wider range of setups.  No calibrate feature was added either so it can be incredibly frustrating to figure out how desynchronized everything actually is.

On top of the annoying synchronization issues, the minigames are also quite frustrating to even understand as they aren't properly explained.  I never could figure out how to catch vegetables from the farmer minigame so I never used the chef minigame a single time and thus never had any stew for the entire platinum.  The other minigames made more sense to me and I was able to do those without mistakes after a lot of attempts and looking up what you are even meant to do from guides people threw together.

Edited by Elegy

OP’s purple text is unreadable on dark mode LMFAO.

Edited by Dry
Yes I know I can just briefly switch to light mode but still, the very sight of paragraphs not in black on light mode or white on dark mode is mildly infuriating.
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...