Tips for Woodguy Jr

StrickenBiged

Finally got the trophy. Here's a few tips:

1. Play a few rounds. There seems to be a bug in the mini game where it will suffer from slowdown the more rounds you play. Eventually this will make the game unplayable and you will have to re-start the game app from the PS4 dashboard, but there is a sweet spot after you've played about 10 rounds or so where the timer lasts long enough for you to go at a moderate pace, but the game still reacts fast enough to your inputs. 

2. Only look at one side of the tree. Keep your eyes trained on just one side of the tree and treat that as your "default" side. When a branch or a series of branches comes down that side, only go to the other side of the tree for as long as necessary to pass those branches then come back to your default side. Doing this means that you only have to think about what's happening on one side of the tree, making it much easier. 

3. Use the D-pad and both your thumbs. After pressing X to begin a game, move your right hand up to the right D-pad button and keep your left thumb on the left d-pad button. Don't worry about having to go fast right at the start of the game - the timer doesn't start until you make your first input, so get comfy and make use of both your thumbs for quicker inputs. 

4. Learn the patterns. Basically, you need to add +1 to however many branches are coming at you and go to the other side of the tree for that many button presses. So, to dodge 2 branches on the left you will need to press the right d-pad 3 times. If you are also using tip 2, this makes it really easy to dodge branches. Just keep tapping your default button, then when branches come down that side you'll know immediately how many times you need to press the other button to get past safely, just add 1. 

Just a few tips I found useful. 

• 2 months later...

Been trying this for AGES - so far I've just about gotten to 110 but by that point my mind switches off and I always press the wrong direction. Definitely a challenge this one ha
Between this and Aquatic Attack I think I might have to miss out on this Plat (haven't gotten enough money yet to fight the last boss).

Before I hand in the towel I will try the method of only looking one side, that might be where I keep undoing myself.

Edit: 
Finally did it! (Woodguy Jr) its actually okay to slow down a bit too. Cheers for the advice up top! :) (now for Aquatic Attack)

Edited by AlexJones_Bankai
Update on Trophy

• 3 years later...

The worst trophy in this game ? no matter what (Making everyone happy, looking only at one side...) I cant get this stupid f***ing trophy after so many hours of trying ? **ck the developdevelopert were they thinking ?! Even 122 would be hard as f**k but 222 ??? ? I would gave up already... but I hate when 1 trophy is holding me from platinum !!! ?

Edit: As usual after b*tching about it on the internet... I did it after a few tries and end up with 297 score ? I found out it works like "magic" sometimes to let the steam out online?

Edited by Gloom12356776543

• 9 months later...