[Edit - Fixed - Patch 1.04] Antonymizer Glitched again?

diskdocx

So this just got a 1.03 patch, and I'm worried about the Antonymizer game.

Is there 165 words, and only 165 words? Cause I'm sure I'm getting the same word repeated, although I don't know if it's cause I skipped it and now it's popping up again (sometimes you get a better letter mix than others, so if I'm missing 3 or more letters, I skip the word).

Also, I have spelled Pacman twice - I get the Pac head, so I know I spelled it, but the word doesn't register and pop a new word up?

If there are only 165 words, I think this is glitched again :(

Edited by diskdocx

I don't remember what version the game was on when I played, but if the 1.03 patch was released before last Sunday then the Antonymizer trophy is still obtainable. When you're on the minigame select screen it will show you x/165 words completed, so if necessary you can quit to the main menu after every word and see if that number is incrementing properly.

4 hours ago, Xylobe said:

I don't remember what version the game was on when I played, but if the 1.03 patch was released before last Sunday then the Antonymizer trophy is still obtainable. When you're on the minigame select screen it will show you x/165 words completed, so if necessary you can quit to the main menu after every word and see if that number is incrementing properly.

1.03 just dropped in the past couple of days, as it updated me yesterday, although I started the game last weekend (and it updated to 1.02 at that time). So this is a new update for sure.

Do you recall, was there exactly 165 words? My counter is going up, I'm just not sure why Pacman won't register.

Also, did you skip words, and did previously completed words complete, or once done, are they cleared from the queue?

I did skip words if I got a bad set of letters, and I'm not sure if there are exactly 165 words total. I felt like a few words like Arcade kept popping up after I'd spelled them, but it may have just been my imagination. I do remember that when I was down to the last word (which for me I believe was Witch), skipping only made a new set of letters appear and none of the old words popped back up. 

If your counter is still working as it should, I think that's all that matters. If you reach and pass 165 without unlocking the trophy, that's when you should start to worry.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Xylobe said:

I did skip words if I got a bad set of letters, and I'm not sure if there are exactly 165 words total. I felt like a few words like Arcade kept popping up after I'd spelled them, but it may have just been my imagination. I do remember that when I was down to the last word (which for me I believe was Witch), skipping only made a new set of letters appear and none of the old words popped back up. 

If your counter is still working as it should, I think that's all that matters. If you reach and pass 165 without unlocking the trophy, that's when you should start to worry.

Thanks. I will persevere and see how it goes. Pacman is the one that worries me since I keep getting it and spelling it, but it doesn't register. Hopefully it will either finally clear, or I will get there are extra words.

I'll post back once I hit 165

And, reached 164/165 - yes, it is glitched. Pacman cannot be completed. I have done it dozens of times, and it never registered. There are no duplicate words, so you can't get past 164/165.

Looking at recent players, no one has the plat after Aug 15, and no one has earned Antonymizer since that date either, so I believe patch 1.03 has indeed broken it again.

If someone else finds otherwise, please let me know. If you have the game and are NOT on patch 1.03, I would suggest not installing it. (although it does fix the massive amount of crashes, which is a good thing otherwise).

The game is now patched on the store, so you can't download an unpatched version.

6 hours ago, themindisacity said:

Looks like it's been patched again?

Yes, patch 1.04 was released yesterday. The word count has droppped to 163. If you were previously stuck at 164/165, the trophy should pop as soon as you launch the mini game.

i assume if you are starting out, a couple of words have been removed.

13 hours ago, PvtVoid said:

Do I have to craft specific words and do the 163 in one go? I left to the main menu to see my progress and I'm still at 0/163 :'(

From the mini game? Words spelled during the course of the normal game won't count. These must be done in the antonymizer mini game, and yes, only the specific word given counts each round.