Question about NG+ and compendium

Obscure-Owl

I completed the game a few months ago, completing all the S-links, but leaving my compendium around 85 percent.  I am unsure if I made all the Persona that you get for completing each social link, so my question is; If I start a NG+ Will I have to finish the confidant again if I missed making the final persona of each one?  Or will their recipe to create it still be unlocked and I'll just have to fuse it? 

Mostly just want to know what I'm in for when I go for the eventual platinum. 

Edited by synysterkill-07

Redgrave is right.

However, since character levels don't carry over, you'll be at a very low level when going for high level personas. And this will cost you a lot of money.

Unless you're completely loaded with cash from your previous playthrough, I'd recommend grinding for levels using the reaper + flu season method in Mementos to alleviate the level gap and cost of fusing the remaining personas.

Also, check if you got all of the treasure demons. If not, you might wanna spend some time looking for them in Mementos.

Edited by omarbanzai
Typo

Thanks guys, I'm kinda new to this site and it's nice to see timely responses. I may be using this site as an actual member more often now. 

Yeah, I only have around 600k in cash so I will have to farm a bit of levels to alleviate some of the pressure on my wallet when I go to making them higher level Persona. 

No problem.

Coincidentally, I'm currently on a NG+ playthrough and working on the platinum for the game.

Based on your PSN profile, we almost have the same remaining trophies to get.

If you're going for the Reaper + flu season method of xp farming, you'll have to wait until November 13th for the flu season to appear. Other dates include November 14th, 15th (not sure on that one) and December 8th.

In the mean time, you can work on other trophies like Bookworm, Golden Finger, Guardian of the Pond and getting all of the treasure demons from Mementos and/or palaces.

Yeah, I think I've missed 2 of the treasure demons, and as for the bookworm one, I'll do the ones I can, I think I'll have to complete the all the side quests in the underground. I remember getting a book from one of them late game. 

As of learning about the compendium, my only concern left is Futaba's voice lines.   My first play through I was kinda over powered  by the time I got her. So 90 percent of my fights were ending before the enemy could even attack.  Do they carry over as well?  

If all goes as planned, I probably will come back to persona after I finish 3 other games that I started and I need to complete first. At least the campaign portions of them. 

14 minutes ago, synysterkill-07 said:

As of learning about the compendium, my only concern left is Futaba's voice lines.   My first play through I was kinda over powered  by the time I got her. So 90 percent of my fights were ending before the enemy could even attack.  Do they carry over as well?  

Honestly, I can't really tell since I'm also working on this trophy. My guess would be no, but I haven't find yet a clear answer to your question.

I'm currently rushing through Futaba's Palace in order to unlock her and hear her lines during Mementos.

My advice would be to rotate team members during your 2nd playthrough so Futaba can comment on each and everyone's actions.

I'd also recommend having enemies throw status ailments at you so that can be added to the count.

I've read in several trophy guides that it's okay if you're too overpowered, as there are enough lines Futaba says to help you reach the 250 mark.

As soon as I unlock her, I'll be spending a considerable amount of time in Mementos to get her lines as well as some missing treasure demons.

10 hours ago, synysterkill-07 said:

Yeah, I only have around 600k in cash so I will have to farm a bit of levels to alleviate some of the pressure on my wallet when I go to making them higher level Persona.

Do you know of the way to farm for money in Mementos? If you have a Persona with high luck and Confusion, there are some bosses in Mementos that if you cast that on they will drop a large amount of money most of the time. For about 30 minutes of doing this I believe I got about 11 million on the first boss to do it with. You can find the rest of the bosses you can do it with on the trophy guide here.

4 hours ago, synysterkill-07 said:

I'm not sure if they carry over and I don't think anyone thus far as confirmed it, but like omarbonzai said, switching teammates helps a lot as well. I think I wound up getting most of my dialogue from the spaceport palace because the enemies really liked casting status ailments there. If you don't get it by the final palace then you could just turn the difficulty up and let the enemies beat up on your party, but I recommend having Yoshitsune so that way your character doesn't die.