Serious warning: You could be locked out of completing the game

So I know a lot about people warning you about glitches and such noit in this game. But the real danger is not by that: You could be forced to restart the game from Year 1!!!!! I found this out the hard way so let me warn you about this problem.

In the hall to the Great Hall, to your left is a room blocked by gold walls. There is a gold knight you have to reassemble because in Year 3 you'll be forced to go through the door behind those walls. The problem? To get the helmet you need to have Ron or Hermione summon their pet(Hermione gets her in Year 3) and send it through a tube to knock it down.

If you do not do this before the scene where you have to go through that area, you will be unable to complete the game because you are stuck with Harry, Fred and George: None of them have pets to send through that tube and knock down the helmet so you cannot reassemble the knight and open the walls to get to the area you must go through, meaning you cannot complete the game since you must go past this obstacle.

I am very upset: This mean a game reset and having to start a new game from scratch and six hours of time wasted! ? It also means that instead of a day, I have to earn the platinum in three days. I know this is an old game but GEEEZ, they could have removed this puzzle!

Edited by MidnightCJ

i had trouble with that game too, the ps4 version i was missing one gold brick despite getting every single one in the game. thank god i was able to buy it. condolences :( it's a letdown when one has to go back and do it all over again.

i have plans to get it on ps3 just a matter of picking it out based on physical game need.

Edited by kingdrake2

3 hours ago, kingdrake2 said:

i had trouble with that game too, the ps4 version i was missing one gold brick despite getting every single one in the game. thank god i was able to buy it. condolences :( it's a letdown when one has to go back and do it all over again.

i have plans to get it on ps3 just a matter of picking it out based on physical game need.

It's not a big deal having to restart a LEGO Game, unless it's LEGO City Undercover. My gawd, that was a nightmare to get 100% in with 450 Gold Bricks! Even so, I love that game, the voice acting was awesome. ^_^

It gives me an excuse to watch a 100% speedrun of LEGO Harry Potter and see if I can follow it.

• 1 month later...