What a great 2D platformer of ex-Rayman-Dev

Alkuk

I just played through the first half of the levels in normal mode and had so much fun!

Nice graphics and tight controls with a couple of new ideas make this game really good.

There are speedruns in various versions and time trials per level besides the normal mode.

47 Trophies incl platinum to get.

I hope more people will check this out. This game deserves way more attention!

A former Rayman-developer created this with his team. They know what they do, that I can tell you.

Have fun

bye

Alkuk

What Rayman games? :D First, the 3D ones or the new ones?

Looked at the Steam page, and I'd bet the newer games. Never was too fan of those, I think they missed pretty much everything of what made the first game so great. They did however do the speedrun stuff great, but that's about it. This Splash game looks great, but not fully my thing. Not that into the run n gun aspect of it, more into the pure platforming stuff. Pretty obvious this is inspired by Super Meatboy etc.

Edited by MMDE

3 hours ago, MMDE said:

What Rayman games? :D First, the 3D ones or the new ones?

Looked at the Steam page, and I'd bet the newer games. Never was too fan of those, I think they missed pretty much everything of what made the first game so great. They did however do the speedrun stuff great, but that's about it. This Splash game looks great, but not fully my thing. Not that into the run n gun aspect of it, more into the pure platforming stuff. Pretty obvious this is inspired by Super Meatboy etc.

The newer Rayman game which I really like.

... quote from website:

Splasher is the first independent project of Romain Claude, former Game Designer and Level Designer at Ubisoft (Rayman Origins, Rayman Legends).

He gathered a small, talented team, including Richard Vatinel a.k.a Gromy, Art Director, and Aymeric Schwartz, composer and sound designer (Absolver, Rayman Origins or Valiant Hearts), to create Splasher.

The game was also developed in partnership with famous speedrunners.

I also like and often prefer pure platforming like N++ or SMB but this is so much fun and the controls are so fluid. They should put ot a demo.

Splasher is the first independent project of Romain Claude, former Game Designer and Level Designer at Ubisoft (Rayman OriginsRayman Legends).

He gathered a small, talented team, including Richard Vatinel a.k.a Gromy, Art Director, and Aymeric Schwartz, composer and sound designer (AbsolverRayman Originsor Valiant Hearts), to create Splasher.

11 minutes ago, Alkuk said:

The newer Rayman game which I really like.

... quote from website:

Splasher is the first independent project of Romain Claude, former Game Designer and Level Designer at Ubisoft (Rayman Origins, Rayman Legends).

He gathered a small, talented team, including Richard Vatinel a.k.a Gromy, Art Director, and Aymeric Schwartz, composer and sound designer (Absolver, Rayman Origins or Valiant Hearts), to create Splasher.

I also like and often prefer pure platforming like N++ or SMB but this is so much fun and the controls are so fluid. They should put ot a demo.

Splasher is the first independent project of Romain Claude, former Game Designer and Level Designer at Ubisoft (Rayman Origins, Rayman Legends).

He gathered a small, talented team, including Richard Vatinel a.k.a Gromy, Art Director, and Aymeric Schwartz, composer and sound designer (Absolver, Rayman Originsor Valiant Hearts), to create Splasher.

I think that quote is invisible! :D 

Yeah, I wasn't too fan of the level design, not talking about how it looks, but the gameplay of the level design of the newer Rayman games. They were optimized for speed running, which was fun, but all the secrets, discoveries and more complicated level design of the very first game was not done right, at all. Original Rayman game could be both fast and slow, the newer ones are just fast. And the levels were mostly horizontal "rooms". I think you get what I mean if you've played the first game. You should check out Fenix Furia too! :) I got several other games as well to suggest if you're interested.

I think I might pass on this one though, due to the shooting stuff. If it's too skill based and that's a factor too, I'm just not too interested. 

55 minutes ago, MMDE said:

I think that quote is invisible! :D 

Yeah, I wasn't too fan of the level design, not talking about how it looks, but the gameplay of the level design of the newer Rayman games. They were optimized for speed running, which was fun, but all the secrets, discoveries and more complicated level design of the very first game was not done right, at all. Original Rayman game could be both fast and slow, the newer ones are just fast. And the levels were mostly horizontal "rooms". I think you get what I mean if you've played the first game. You should check out Fenix Furia too! :) I got several other games as well to suggest if you're interested.

I think I might pass on this one though, due to the shooting stuff. If it's too skill based and that's a factor too, I'm just not too interested. 

Oh, than you are the other person besides me, who played Fenix Furia ;-)

At least on console I rarely saw anybody playing this nice game.

I completed everything but the god mode, regarding trophies. U got 100%?

Recommendations are welcome. For me Superrude Bear was another interesting newer title within this genre. Although too difficult to get platinum and overall a bit too hectic.

52 minutes ago, Alkuk said:

Oh, than you are the other person besides me, who played Fenix Furia ;-)

At least on console I rarely saw anybody playing this nice game.

I completed everything but the god mode, regarding trophies. U got 100%?

Recommendations are welcome. For me Superrude Bear was another interesting newer title within this genre. Although too difficult to get platinum and overall a bit too hectic.

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/4736-fenix-furia-trophy-guide

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/3728-n-trophy-guide

:P

You should unhide your trophies btw.

As for a recommendation:

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/4494-retsnom-trophy-guide

Or Spelunker HD, that's some pretty hardcore platforming though.

Edited by MMDE

19 minutes ago, MMDE said:

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/4736-fenix-furia-trophy-guide

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/3728-n-trophy-guide

:P

You should unhide your trophies btw.

As for a recommendation:

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/4494-retsnom-trophy-guide

Or Spelunker HD, that's some pretty hardcore platforming though.

I just unhided the trophies. Think I have to earn one to be visible here.

Ah you made some decent guides. :-)

Retsnom looks interesting, will check it out, thanx.

Spelunker HD for PS3 is in my library, but I was anxious to really start it ^^.