Easy High Score trophies

Hey everyone, 

I have earned all trophies in this game today and found some incredibly valuable tips for this game :

https://www.trueachievements.com/a235811/score-300000-points-achievement

Make sure to play the game this way and the original mode will be way easier. 

Greetings from Germany! 

Edited by Bizzy_Montana_
corrected a writing mistake
  • Like 2

• 7 months later...

Great guide, thanks for the link. For some reason my 100k trophy didn’t pop so I had to redo it, maybe logging in with my second controller negated it? I read that can happen somewhere, probably why my 200k trophy only popped at 235k after reloading my save.

High score for this game is 50k for those wondering.

Edited by Dark

2 hours ago, Dark said:

Great guide, thanks for the link. For some reason my 100k trophy didn’t pop so I had to redo it, maybe logging in with my second controller negated it? I read that can happen somewhere, probably why my 200k trophy only popped at 235k after reloading my save.

High score for this game is 50k for those wondering.

While playing some of the Arcade Archives I encountered a similar problem.

Super Baseball 2020 and a few other titles did actually require you to change the system language to Japanese in order to unlock some of the trophies. I heard that this would also be the case on XB1.

My guess is that those issues could possibly occur depending on the store you bought the game from.

I'm glad about the fact that everything worked out well for you :)

Edited by Bizzy_Montana_
  • Like 1

• 3 years later...

Going to do a few bonus tips which will be especially useful if you don't have two controllers:

Go into Button Configuration and set the X button to rapid fire with the Fastest setting. After that you can do Mr. Big's fireball with a from my experience 100% reliability by holding down X while rotating the left stick counter clockwise. Against Mickey you can do this right from the start and it should lead to a triple perfect without you doing anything but holding down X and rotating the stick. If you intentionally lose twice by stopping the rapid fire rotations just  before he dies and then win three perfect then you should have 180,000 points after Mickey. 

For other fights I found it pretty easy to win by mixing a bit of jumping in with the Triangle button, spam Triangle from a bit of a distance and throw with Triangle. Use Save states so you win all matches because your score is reset if you continue unlike most ACA NeoGeo titles. 

Mr. Big's fireball spam works to a degree against King too but if you do it while she's far way she might hit you with a fireball instead. 

One thing in the settings that the linked guide gets wrong is that it recommends to keep the time setting at 60 seconds but changing it to 99 will give you 3,900 points more per round so do that. I had to fight at least 4 opponents to get 300,000 so I got 3*4*3,900 (=46,800) from changing the time setting which is a significant point boost. 

Hi Score Mode can be done with Mr. Big versus Mickey too and the same strategy.

Edited by iriihutoR84