Killzone: Shadow Fall Announced for PS4

DanielVT

Killzone: Shadow Fall Announced For PS4

by: Kimberley Wallace

http://www.gameinfor...ed-for-ps4.aspx

Killzonecity610.jpg

At today's Sony conference, Guerrilla Games showed off a new entry in the series.

Herman Hulst, managing director at Guerrilla Games, unveiled a demo for Killzone: Shadow Fall. The demo entered us in Vekta City, a futuristic vibrant city. The bright lights and beauty portrayed a calmness that is until an explosion took people, which threw us into complete destruction and pandemonium. War cries, fire, and watching an enemy shot two injured people right in the head is jarring enough, but now it's up to you to stay alive. Sniping, throwing grenades, and holding onto a rope as you fly through the sky attached to a plane, trying to shoot yourself to safety is sure to feed adrenaline junkies.

We'll have to wait to see what else Guerrilla Games has in store for Killzone: Shadow Fall, but it looks like it'll keep players on their toes.Killzone's Facebook page or simply watch it below.

EDIT: Thanks to Wikipedia I found the overview of the game.

Killzone: Shadow Fall will be released for the PlayStation 4 in 2013. It will reportedly serve as a launch title and, according to Game Director Steven ter Heide, features "a new world, a new situation and a new hero." Gameplay and trailer footage reveals that the game is set nearly 30 years after the events of Killzone 3. Vektans now live side by side with Helghans, though their portions of the city are divided by massive walls that are heavily guarded and tensions between the two sides remain high, similar to the Berlin Wall during the Cold War.

Source: http://en.wikipedia....ne:_Shadow_Fall

Edited by DanielVT
  • Like 1

What Treyarch tries to do, Guerrilla does it seemlessly :P

Any who, this game looks cool, I guess? However it's the same as every other FPS, I think. The one factor that actually excites me is what seems to be more urban combat meaning your in an actual city with high level "terrorist" threats commencing which has always fascinated me more than being on the battlefield with explosions left and right. I personally love the intensity knowing anyone anywhere can be a high level priority threat which is what seems where this game is possibly going?

Also, a personal story in this title would be ameriolate to this franchise as "bro-tastic" multiplayer isn't cuttin' it. I'd also love to see a seperate co-op campaign in addition to the solo campaign as it will tremendously at to the replay value and the price tag (which seemingly no one is aware of).

Saying all of that, hopefully Guerrilla will be able to set the standard for military shooters with this upcoming generation. I cannot fathom at how much Guerrilla would be able to do and could possibly dethrone the yearly iterations of pieces of dogshit known as Call of Duty and whatever else. I'm hoping they are more worried about creating a kick ass game rather than DLC practices and would should be taken out of the game, because the more love and care you put into the product, the more respect you receive in the industry and from consumers.

• Like 2

What Treyarch tries to do, Guerrilla does it seemlessly :P

Any who, this game looks cool, I guess? However it's the same as every other FPS, I think. The one factor that actually excites me is what seems to be more urban combat meaning your in an actual city with high level "terrorist" threats commencing which has always fascinated me more than being on the battlefield with explosions left and right. I personally love the intensity knowing anyone anywhere can be a high level priority threat which is what seems where this game is possibly going?

Also, a personal story in this title would be ameriolate to this franchise as "bro-tastic" multiplayer isn't cuttin' it. I'd also love to see a seperate co-op campaign in addition to the solo campaign as it will tremendously at to the replay value and the price tag (which seemingly no one is aware of).

Saying all of that, hopefully Guerrilla will be able to set the standard for military shooters with this upcoming generation. I cannot fathom at how much Guerrilla would be able to do and could possibly dethrone the yearly iterations of pieces of dogshit known as Call of Duty and whatever else. I'm hoping they are more worried about creating a kick ass game rather than DLC practices and would should be taken out of the game, because the more love and care you put into the product, the more respect you receive in the industry and from consumers.

This game looks jaw-droppingly incredible! I have not seen FPS graphics like this....EVER! It has me EXTREMELY excited for what Battlefield 4 and Call of Duty MW4 will look like. I wonder if BF4 will get full 64 player battles?! I am just stoked right now.

Looks amazing! I was shocked at how good it looked :holy:

I mean I know Killzone games always look good... but wow.

Can't wait :D I'm guessing it will be a launch title too.

If this is NOT a launch title, I am going to be EXTREMELY dissapointed. I mean seriously, this is my most anticipated game.

I am quite shocked how most people don't seem impressed with Killzone. I would argue that it IS a killer app. The graphics look GORGEOUS!!! The gameplay of that was my first true look at what the PS4 could run, and boy was I impressed. I'd and in fact will buy the system if but for this game alone. I've never seen graphics so good, and the scale of the city is jaw dropping.

I am quite shocked how most people don't seem impressed with Killzone. I would argue that it IS a killer app. The graphics look GORGEOUS!!! The gameplay of that was my first true look at what the PS4 could run, and boy was I impressed. I'd and in fact will buy the system if but for this game alone. I've never seen graphics so good, and the scale of the city is jaw dropping.

Most people aren't impressed because it's the same bullshit shooter we see every year. What is something new being brought to the table? Graphics don't make the game nor does a franchise name. Killzone has never been a prestigious game, let's face it. The story has always been under-par, the multiplayer is fun for what? 2 days, and nothing has ever been interesting. As much as I stated in my first post, that's all from me speculating and assuming on what hopefully Guerrilla can possibly do with this game, however I've yet to actually see what else is being brought to the table.

I remember just playing Prince of Persia on the original Xbox and not worrying about graphics since well, they didn't make the game for me. There have been games that look great however they don't play that great *Battlefield 3* where as there will be a game that doesn't look spectacular but has evolved a whole genre in story telling *Spec Ops: The Line*.

I don't know anymore. Shadow Fall (how bad ass the name is! NOT! >_>) could be something special and could evolve a whole series, or could simply be the same iteration we seen every single goddamn year. What's coming out next? Black Ops III. Can't wait to pre-order generic military FPS #28948393893! :D

Most people aren't impressed because it's the same bullshit shooter we see every year. What is something new being brought to the table? Graphics don't make the game nor does a franchise name. Killzone has never been a prestigious game, let's face it. The story has always been under-par, the multiplayer is fun for what? 2 days, and nothing has ever been interesting. As much as I stated in my first post, that's all from me speculating and assuming on what hopefully Guerrilla can possibly do with this game, however I've yet to actually see what else is being brought to the table.

I remember just playing Prince of Persia on the original Xbox and not worrying about graphics since well, they didn't make the game for me. There have been games that look great however they don't play that great *Battlefield 3* where as there will be a game that doesn't look spectacular but has evolved a whole genre in story telling *Spec Ops: The Line*.

I don't know anymore. Shadow Fall (how bad ass the name is! NOT! >_>) could be something special and could evolve a whole series, or could simply be the same iteration we seen every single goddamn year. What's coming out next? Black Ops III. Can't wait to pre-order generic military FPS #28948393893! :D

Damn Scotty! You are sooo cynical. :P A FPS is just that, you have a gun and you shoot people while taking cover and trying not to get shot. Don't complain about the genre if you are tired of what FPS games are. That's like complaining that an apple tastes to much like an apple. Granny Smith always taste like Granny Smiths etc. You cannot just magically recreate a genre and still call it a FPS. FPS games have always been the same concept since their inception. Run, shoot, run, shoot. I think what it is is that you have played way too many FPS games? I for one never get tired of them, but that is just me. If a genre gets too repeptative for you then switch genres. I would say that Killzone is the best FPS First-Party Shooter that the Playstation has. The graphics have always been top notch, game-play stellar, and the story is nothing to scoff at. I am tired of every popular FPS getting hate because it is just that an FPS.

^ His name looks and sounds Helghan. LoL

Anyway, as a Veteran of the series, I can't wait for this game. It's the only shot they have at surpassing the original.

The original was the best in your opinion? I loved KZ2, but KZ3 even more. I guess I will have to give KZ HD a try....hey, it's another platinum trophy at least! lol

Thanks to Wikipedia I found the overview of the game.

Killzone: Shadow Fall will be released for the PlayStation 4 in 2013. It will reportedly serve as a launch title and, according to Game Director Steven ter Heide, features "a new world, a new situation and a new hero." Gameplay and trailer footage reveals that the game is set nearly 30 years after the events of Killzone 3. Vektans now live side by side with Helghans, though their portions of the city are divided by massive walls that are heavily guarded and tensions between the two sides remain high, similar to the Berlin Wall during the Cold War.

Source: http://en.wikipedia....ne:_Shadow_Fall