HK Volume/Volume VR Cross-buy issue

diskdocx

So I understand that the VR edition is free in the HK store for owners of the standard edition. The VR edition is also currently on sale, so I grabbed it today.

But it does not give me access to the standard edition? So is it only a one way cross buy?

And when I go to buy the standard edition it now tells me I am ineligible as I already own the VR edition, but I cannot actually download the standard edition?

Help?

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, GastNDorf said:

Well I can't help, but I also a question regarding HK. It seems there's only a stack for VR and Vita for trophies, so what stack do I get if I play the standard HK version on PS4?

Also, (dumb question) can I play the VR version without VR device?

The list that is labelled CN includes the HK version. If you want to do the HK stack and the HK VR stack (the Vita version is off limits due to lack of multi-accounts on Vita), buy the HK standard version.

The standard version is cross-buy with the VR version, so you will get both. The VR version does NOT require the VR headset.

FWIW, I bought the VR version from the HK store. I am now permanently locked out from buying the standard HK version. It also won't let me download it. So this is a one way crossbuy only.

The standard version will give you the VR version free, but the VR version will NOT give you the standard version - although the store won't let you buy the standard version either, so this is clearly an entitlement glitch, but unlikely to ever get fixed. I did tweet the devs about this, and they were great at responding, but didn't really understand the issue, so I got no where.

2 hours ago, GastNDorf said:

Ok I see, well thanks for clearing things for me. I feel sorry they couldn't fix your issue, I believe they don't really see the issue from the point of view of a trophy hunter. You got the game and that's it.

Ironically, as I enjoyed the game and it is quite amenable to remote play, I would have purchased both the standard and VR versions if they were separate.

I'm not unhappy per se that they wouldn't fix it - but it is odd that it is one way cross buy, and now that I own the VR version, I cannot purchase the standard version.

So they end up losing a sale.