See here for tips to get to 300k points

Bizzy_Montana_

Hey everyone :)

I've had a very hard time with this game.

From my point of view, this is the most difficult Arcade Archive so far, and I have earned 100% in every single one of them (as of today).

Due to me being unable to get past Level 1-7 when I started playing this game, I asked the other 100%-achievers for tips which could help with the huge task of getting to 300k points.

At this point, I want to thank all of you (Flutotal2009, ferryjan, t2taka2t2, enaysoft, Toagschlegl, Scytar) again, wholeheartedly.

The most important aspect:

Check out enaysoft's great mini trophy guide on how to beat the game:

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/arcade-archives-puzzled/315452-puzzled-joy-joy-kid-mini-guide.html

This guide helped me out very much.

From my point of view, the main aspects are:

- know that the order of the blocks in the next level is set in the moment you finish the last line in the previous level and create your savestate with this in mind

- avoid creating savestates during a level if you are not sure whether you are going to beat the level ( on some occasions, I created a savestate, though, but with a backup in the cloud)

- regularly upload your savestate to the cloud and / or your USB-device

- get used to the gravity mechanism, this can come in quite useful

- have your fully charged bomb ready in 6-10 (I used my last bomb before that in 6-2 I think)

Try, again and again. In the end, you will finally reach the score.

My score went up to 300k once I was in Level 1-5 for the second time.

I wish you the best of luck.

Greetings from Germany :)

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

I finally FINALLY did this about 20 minutes ago. I'm so glad that I didn't let this broken and cruel game beat me. I'm actually like legit good at Tetris, it's the only game series I feel confident in saying that BUT man this game! This stupid glitchy and masochistic game almost broke me, ALMOST! But not quite. I did the playthrough without using the cloud or even bothering with worrying about fixed block patterns, if anything by knowing what I had coming it made it slightly easier for me to plan out attacks. Then again it could also have made it a ton harder I'm not sure. Predicting when your going to win a stage can be quite difficult sometimes due to the cascade nature of line clears, I always did like that mode in Tetris Evolution. But yeah after alot of swearing and back to title screen reloads later I finally achieved it. I'm pretty proud to have done so, as I mentioned I pride myself in my love of Tetris and my above average skills at the game and I was determined to eventually return to this title and defeat it and today is that day and I'm very happy. 

Sadly I will probably never play this game again, I bought it blind solely because 'Hey, it's got Tetris mechanics in it' and while the idea of the game is quite good the sheer difficulty of the game is just madness and the game ceases to be fun pretty darn quickly. Most Tetris games to me are like zen, ultimate chill out but this was hellish. Having to battle the controls in the later stages was a nightmare. I mean the glitch of blocks just not rotating despite controller input can ruin a potentially stage ending run and that kills me and my swear jar could send me round the world given the amount of times I found myself battling against that glitch. Then there is the constant speed up, the game having the cheek to tell you to hurry up mere moments after starting a stage despite putting a labyrinth before you to complete. Puzzled is an absurd game made by masochists.

At the end of it all I probably did have fun and I ventured to achieve something with this game I would never have normally done so with alot of these Hamster releases solely because for once they put the challenge there. Someone at Hamster was playing a cruel joke on everybody when they decided 300,000 i.e a playthough and more in score would be the Gold Trophy. 

So thanks Hamster but never again and thanks Puzzled but also **** you Puzzled.

Edited by BlaizeV

• 1 year later...

I had to play up to 1-8 on the second time to reach the score. This game was very hard at first but in the end I found it a lot easier and fun than expected (i'm bad and dislike tetris games). The hardest level for me was strangely 1-6 iirc. There is MANY levels that you can cheese your way out by targeting specific blocks or using your special power (see video for eg). I used 3 usb keys and uploaded my save after every level. I didn't bother saving before the last line for the RNG seed and I never had trouble on that. I would save multiple times per level when I thought I had a good board and reloaded my USB save in case I screwed up which really only happened 2-3 times. Overall, the rarity is way too high and I wouldn't suggest to do this game except if you aim to complete the full Arcade Archives set of games.

Spoiler

Edited by Thropy_Croissant