Meat Grinder

RNumbers

I realize this is a long shot given how dead this board is and how relatively obscure the game, but any tips for Meat Grinder? I've found a way to get ~1k kills/hour, but even at that rate it'll take me another ~40 hours. Is there a better way?

There really isn't.  I used the first map of the seafloor cave and just wandered from set encounter to set encounter, and then went out to the nearest village to reset them. Unfortunately there aren't any items or accessories that increase encounter rate so it is just a grind. It really took me a long time, but i took frequent breaks, good luck. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply. That's basically what I've been doing, except I go back to campus and immediately return to my party to reset the encounter tiles. This means I don't have to actually leave the cave with my party. As mentioned above, I can get 1000 kills every 1 hour or so (more like 70 minutes) and I'm up to 19k. Just going to slog through it, I guess. Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...

Ah I remember this one, After half-way or so I ended up using a turbo controller. The only issue with it was getting a chest after a battle but I was able to have the joystick with a rubber band in a direction so it would almost always never open it. But it did not work so well every 5 minutes or so I would have to manually select open or leave chest as it would get stuck on the option.

Also the more you battle on a map the higher the rate of chests you get so I mixed it up and changed maps so many times.

Edited by fisty123

On 10/30/2017 at 7:08 AM, fisty123 said:

Ah I remember this one, After half-way or so I ended up using a turbo controller. The only issue with it was getting a chest after a battle but I was able to have the joystick with a rubber band in a direction so it would almost always never open it. But it did not work so well every 5 minutes or so I would have to manually select open or leave chest as it would get stuck on the option.

Also the more you battle on a map the higher the rate of chests you get so I mixed it up and changed maps so many times.

Thanks for the tip. I thought about trying to automated it, but I figured I'd have to babysit for treasure chests like you mentioned. I've been doing it manually and it hasn't been too bad. At about 43k now. I should finish this week, but I might save popping the trophy for my 9k milestone. :)

EDIT: Done now. Decided against waiting for Trophy #9000 as I'll try to get something cooler in that spot (XCOM2 iron man, hopefully). Total time on my save was 97:45.

Edited by RNumbers
  • Like 1