PS4 Isn't Backwards Compatible, Old Games Available Through Cloud

DanielVT

PS4 Isn't Backwards Compatible, Old Games Available Through Cloud

by Matt Helgeson

http://www.gameinfor...ough-cloud.aspx

CloudGaming610.jpg

At the Sony PlayStation 4 press conference, Gaikai's Dave Perry seemed to confirm the rumors that the system would not be backwards compatible with PS3 games, but Sony has big plans to allow users access to the PlayStation back catalog.

While Perry said PS3 games are "not natively supported," that doesn't mean the extensive history of PlayStation games won't be available to users.

He did not mention specifics, but Perry claims the system's cloud service will allow users access to a wide array of past PlayStation titles at a later date. We'll have to wait on details to see which titles make the cut.

Edited by DanielVT
  • Like 1

I hope we don't have to buy them again, and they give us the stuff we've bought on PS3 for free either by game data or inserting the disc and it recognzing the game. Probably closer to game data, though, cause that'd probably be how they did PSN games. Cause it would totally suck if I had to buy 100+ PS3 games...again.

I take back my previous statement. I agree with this man.

Fine by me. As I said in another post, I would rather play PS3 games on my PS3, anyhow.

All I'd want bc for is if my PS3 broke/I unhooked it...if I play my cards right, I can fit a Wii U and PS4 in my entertainment center without taking out the PS3. Even though the Wii has Gamecube bc, I still don't like playing GCN games on it. Likewise, I don't like playing PS1 games on PS3.

• Like 1