Ultra Hard Challenge

Well its finally done and i wasn't really that powerful (damage around 9) throughout the run, you can see in the video when i pause it the items that i have.  Dr Fetus helped but i didn't get that till the dark room (and as you can see from my aim on the mega satan fight, not the easiest to get the smaller mobs.

Uploading in case anyone gets some inspiration from this - i love all things Isaac but this challenge was simply just not fun.  I'm all for a challenge but a combination of curses just makes the Ultra Hard challenge a chore rather than anything else.

You can see from my game time that it took me around 2 hours because i used the sucker to leach life from enemies throughout the game as you don't get any heart pick ups off the ground

Good luck to anyone else getting this 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Juzota said:

2 hours? Holy shit! My succesful Ultra Hard run took probably 15 minutes, but I got Mom's Knife on the first item room so... :D

Kudos to you @chickenbaltipie for not giving up. I usually restarted the run if I didn't get good items on first floor.

Cheers. I almost did give up a few times. Moms knive. Nice. Have you got much more left to do on the dlc?

1 hour ago, Ragowit said:

Just finished Ultra Hard as well yesterday, with a time of 01:31:02. Got Gnawed Leaf and Daddy Longlegs in the first two treasure rooms and just played it safe from there. I had two runs before it where I got to Mega Satan, but died on 2nd phase due to stupid mistakes... Glad I finally finished it!

WOW gnawed Leaf, the rng Gods were on your side yesterday.  Like me you took your time and played it safe :-)

Having said that getting to mega satan previously you paid your debts there and deserved some luck - well done!

I accidentally went to the chest on my first good Ultra hard run, then beat Isaac and the game ended - i didn't realise you had to go to the dark room - i was gutted!

• 6 years later...

I know this is an old topic but i do like to post how i got it after restarting so many many times.

First run i got gnawed leaf and autoturret baby, but i died since that baby doesn't attack enemies mounted on the wall, I was so done with it.

But i decided okay ill restart a few more times, and my winning run i got deadshot accuracy in the first treasure room, so i thought hmmm okay, and second treasure room C section, and those two are a really good synergy, and made all rooms very easy, at the end i also got magnetizing tears which made the satan fight very easy.

I'm so happy i got this done, and all challenges, now just to complete a few more characters for dead god 😃

• Like 1