(minor spoilers) One question about side ops questline 51-60

The questline the title is referencing is the series of extracting the veteran mother base soldiers from 9 years ago. So far i've done the 2 and then I met Paz on the medical deck, and then I held off on the questline because my base was beginning to be filled with soldiers. The problem is where (for reference, I've already unlocked 40 of the main missions) after completing the 33rd mission, side ops 53 disappeared from being available. I suspect that my mother base population cap may be a problem, considering that I maxed it out and can't add any more soldier without dismissing them, but I can't seem to find the solution online. 

Edited by wackt1

Not sure if that's causing it, but I doubt it. Maybe try dismissing 1-2 low ranked from waiting room?

Did you actually see OP 53 available in the list before or you're just assuming it disappeared? If the latter then maybe it simply didn't unlock yet, so you can try completing the side OPs you haven't done yet (the ones without a tick) to see if it unlocks OP 53.

I can't remember if the wandering soldiers OPs unlock one after the other but I kind of doubt it. 

4 minutes ago, Ac3NiNjA said:

Not sure if that's causing it, but I doubt it. Maybe try dismissing 1-2 low ranked from waiting room?

Did you actually see OP 53 available in the list before or you're just assuming it disappeared? If the latter then maybe it simply didn't unlock yet, so you can try completing the side OPs you haven't done yet (the ones without a tick) to see if it unlocks OP 53.

I can't remember if the wandering soldiers OPs unlock one after the other but I kind of doubt it. 

side ops 53 was available to me before this but I'll try to complete a few side ops that are previous of it if dismissing soldiers don't reactivate it.

Edited by wackt1

• 3 weeks later...

i know you already fixed it but saying it anyway for other gamers.
Side-ops that require extractions cant be locked out by a full mother bease as there is an unlimitted waiting room in whihc your weakest soldeirs will be placed and the strongest get send to platforms.

• 3 months later...

Try building FOBs. This will raise your total staff limit to 3,500. You should have all Mission and side ops unlocked long before you ever reach that limit. FOBs help to raise staff levels so better weapons can be built. Don' worry about losing staff member below the S skill level unless they are key staff members. These you can protect by placing them under a direct contract lock.