Coin grinding?

DrakeHellsing

Okay, I still have, at least 3 of the main movies left to get, I can go through the DLC movies.  But if that does not help in getting these gore packs (especially the ones that cost 2,000 coins), which levels/movies would be the best to use? Unless that Killer 3 is the better option to play constantly?

Someone mentioned in a Steam review about a deleted scene in the final film that gives 300 coins a play reliably, but as for what I have right now, I would say that the best one is Deleted Scene 2-3 or whatever one it was from that movie that you have to do in limited moves. The solution is a simple spiral and you can get 4 victims killed per play, which helps with Number of the Beast grinding as well. It also gives 50 coins per play and you can repeat it in seconds. Once you have the solution down, it takes all of 16 seconds or so per play between the level, the bonus kill for the coins, and loading screens and startup, which is roughly 200 coins and 16 kills per minute.

Alternatively, I recall someone on here mentioning that you can have a turbo controller play Faces of Killed 3 since even failing on the first stage gives you 10 coins, so just having the game play Faces of Killed overnight can get you plenty of coins.

Edited by Wdog-999
  • Like 1

hello everyone...

well, COIN GRINDING I don't think its the best. The trophies related to unlock the gorepacks can be done like this:
After you reach the amount of 2000 or 40000 coins, you can exit game, then send your save for the cloud (if you're plus member) or send to an USB drive, then open the game, buy the gorepack ones required for trophies, after the trophy pop, exit game, download your save data wherever it is then repeat the steps, it will make your life a lot easier.
BUT if the last trophy between you and the platinum is the enormous GRIND FOR 666 KILLS, I have the best method in this video done by me. Hope you like it.
Open the description and read all the information, this will net you with the shine platinum in no time.

20 hours ago, PietroFreitas said:

BUT if the last trophy between you and the platinum is the enormous GRIND FOR 666 KILLS, I have the best method in this video done by me. Hope you like it.
Open the description and read all the information, this will net you with the shine platinum in no time.

I decided to do some testing on an alt and cops do not actually count as victims, and in addition, the cops that are autokilled at the end of a level do not count towards any statistics, so this method only nets four kills per level, which makes it fairly worse than just repeating Deleted Scene 2-3 over and over again since that also has 4 victims without the delays of having to go back to level select manually each time or having to wait around for the bookcases to tumble over.

On 11/2/2017 at 11:19 AM, Wdog-999 said:

Someone mentioned in a Steam review about a deleted scene in the final film that gives 300 coins a play reliably, but as for what I have right now, I would say that the best one is Deleted Scene 2-3 or whatever one it was from that movie that you have to do in limited moves. The solution is a simple spiral and you can get 4 victims killed per play, which helps with Number of the Beast grinding as well. It also gives 50 coins per play and you can repeat it in seconds. Once you have the solution down, it takes all of 16 seconds or so per play between the level, the bonus kill for the coins, and loading screens and startup, which is roughly 200 coins and 16 kills per minute.

Alternatively, I recall someone on here mentioning that you can have a turbo controller play Faces of Killed 3 since even failing on the first stage gives you 10 coins, so just having the game play Faces of Killed overnight can get you plenty of coins.

That deleted scene, when you say 2-3, are you meaning that it's in the 2nd VHS tape? And in turn, is the 3rd deleted scene in there? As I may go there to do my grinding instead.

And before I forget, in general, I take it 4 of the gore packs aren't connected to trophies right? I know those two 666 coin ones aren't.  But I'm also assuming that the Free Faling and the Effed Up or whichever they're called (one is a plane, the other is one that costs 1,500 coins), as I don't see them on the trophy list, unless I'm mistaken.

3 hours ago, DrakeHellsing said:

That deleted scene, when you say 2-3, are you meaning that it's in the 2nd VHS tape? And in turn, is the 3rd deleted scene in there? As I may go there to do my grinding instead.

And before I forget, in general, I take it 4 of the gore packs aren't connected to trophies right? I know those two 666 coin ones aren't.  But I'm also assuming that the Free Faling and the Effed Up or whichever they're called (one is a plane, the other is one that costs 1,500 coins), as I don't see them on the trophy list, unless I'm mistaken.

2nd Tape, Third Level. You'll know it's the one because it has a turn limit and four victims in a light-colored woods area.

Eff the Bonus is actually the Grenade! gorepack, so you need it for a trophy. Aside from that, I know that Slugged, Free Fallin', and the two 666 Coin gorepacks are not needed for trophies.

Also, it has been going around that you can back up your save to get around coin grinding so you can just purchase what you need, reload, get other stuff you need, reload, and so on until you have every gorepack trophy, which I can verify works. I did it last night to get my last two gorepacks without having to grind for the other so I can finish my plat on completing the game. That said, the method is still immensely useful for victim grinding due to how quickly it goes by compared to most 4-victim levels and how easy it is to repeat it compared to a normal or NC-17 scene.

2 minutes ago, Wdog-999 said:

2nd Tape, Third Level. You'll know it's the one because it has a turn limit and four victims in a light-colored woods area.

Eff the Bonus is actually the Grenade! gorepack, so you need it for a trophy. Aside from that, I know that Slugged, Free Fallin', and the two 666 Coin gorepacks are not needed for trophies.

Also, it has been going around that you can back up your save to get around coin grinding so you can just purchase what you need, reload, get other stuff you need, reload, and so on until you have every gorepack trophy, which I can verify works. I did it last night to get my last two gorepacks without having to grind for the other so I can finish my plat on completing the game. That said, the method is still immensely useful for victim grinding due to how quickly it goes by compared to most 4-victim levels and how easy it is to repeat it compared to a normal or NC-17 scene.

I might just do it all today.  And thanks for the info on that gorepack... they should have changed the description of the trophy to the actual gorepack name in game.  But yeah, I'll have to check the level out when I do jump onto the game.  I take it when you go to the tape and select it, said levels will then show up down the bottom somewhere?