How difficult is Nex Machina?

AJ_Radio

23 hours ago, willmill97 said:

This game does look great, I'm up for the challenge if it's worth it in the end?

Yes, absolutely worth it. Finished it yesterday, one of my favourite Platinums of all time.

13 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

The Smartbomb. Second phase is the hardest in my opinion followed by the third phase. 

You can die on the third phase and still manage as long as you don’t use a continue. I got to within a sliver of health left on the Architect until I was forced to use a continue.

I highly recommend the Rocket Launcher or even Laser, particularly works well in the final phase. Coupled with the triple dash and dash explosion, it makes the fight much more manageable on Veteran, and an absolute cakewalk on Experienced. Here's how I did it:

Phase 1: Immediately focus on taking out the left turret that shoots the bullets in a cone formation. When attacking it, double dash towards it and away from it in 90 degree motions. That is, from your starting position, dash up then left into the empty space. Reason for this is that you will force it to begin turning, thus leaving an empty space you can safely dash into, whilst hitting it with your dash explosion in between your primary and secondary shots, if that makes sense. Doing this a couple of times will make short work of the turret, and it will be gone for enough time for you to do enough damage to the Architect to get it close to the end of the first phase, while dodging the easier to avoid straight lasers from the other turrets and quickly killing the enemies that spawn on the right. If anything, the first turret will respawn towards the end of the first phase, which shouldn't be for long enough to cause any problems. 

Phase 2: Immediately take out the right turret, then begin work on quickly taking out the left turret. Use the method from Phase 1 to eliminate the left turret especially, as the dash explosion is very handy in taking it out quickly. The aim here is to alternate between destroying the turrets while attacking the Architect at the same time. The right turret should never be ignored like in the first phase, as it shoots the impenetrable laser that you can't dash through, so be sure to wreck it as soon as possible after it respawns. Also, beware of the additional turret above that creates a neon fire path. You can dash through the fire, but you can't destroy the turret. 

Phase 3: There's no turret on the left here, so as soon as the phase begins, destroy the turret on the right, then quickly dash to the top right corner. You can't be hit by the skulls standing here, and the impenetrable laser can't reach you in this position if the turret on the right respawns. The turret above that draws the fire path, however, can reach you, so keep an eye out for that one. Until it slowly makes its way towards you, use this time to do as much damage to Architect as you can, and making sure that the right turret stays dead (this is also where I found Laser to be quite handy, as it is easy to aim with and can hit Architect from this position quite easily). As soon as it gets near you, quickly triple dash to the opposite location in the top left and repeat the process, and don't forget to keep an eye out for the turret on the right from this position as it may be a bit harder to hit from the left side.

Using this method I was able to beat Architect in Single World mode twice in a row for practice and on my following Veteran attempt (albeit very nervously lol). Once you're past Architect, it should be a smooth finish to the end as the fight with Supreme AI on Veteran isn't that much more difficult than on Experienced, and all its attacks are fairly simple to read once you get the hang of it (for example remembering that the hexagon closes in on you after the sixth shockwave). Good luck man and I'm sure you'll have it in no time! 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...