Don't Go Alone Solution

bigrake1

This was the trophy I was worried about going into the game because so many reported issues. Unfortunately, this trophy didn't pop for me. I've performed the usual in this situation...checked scoreboards to confirm that a score for two players appears on all levels, and I've redone all the required levels for this trophy with friends from beginning to end...Because I knew this trophy didn't pop for many, I kept a checklist of which adventures I played with others, but this didn't save me. Is there a fix? Thanks!

Edited by bigrake1

• 2 weeks later...

OK. So I finally got the “Don’t Go Alone” achievement. Many players, myself included, have struggled to get this trophy to pop. The PSNProfiles guide says this trophy is “buggy,” and no doubt it is. For what it’s worth, here is what I did to salvage the situation, as this was my only missing achievement in the base game. Perhaps this strategy might bail out others in a similar situation. Some of my friends are in the same boat. The fix did NOT involve erasing my save and profile data, as many do.

I had been inviting a second player into my game (my alt account) or a friend in co-op, and then from the pod, selecting the adventures one by one from the pod as I assume many do. This led to my having a score for both players for each adventure, from the Introduction to Even Bosses Sometimes Wear Hats, but the trophy didn’t pop.

So, I decided to replay from the Introduction with another player in a different way. Instead of selecting adventures from the pod, I only accessed them from their respective hubs in the game-world. To be clear, for example, while at the Ziggurat itself, I entered adventures; I did not select adventures from the pod. In other words, I tried to mimic a natural play-through, and watched the associated cut-scenes in two-player mode (accompanied by my alt account Sack Thing in local co-op). I had already played all of Book Three: Bumkum Lagoon naturally with another friend co-op (not local co-op), and at the end of Book Two: The Ziggurat, the trophy popped for me. So I replayed the 15 levels contained in the Prologue, Book One, and Book Two as naturally as possible, not selecting levels from the pod, and the trophy popped. For what it’s worth, at the end of the Prologue, Book One, and Book Two, I received a firework celebration in my pod whilst accompanied by my friend in local co-op.

My suspicion is cherry-picking adventures from the pod—even in order—somehow disrupts the recording of credit for progress for this achievement. Others may have gotten this trophy by selecting levels from the pod, but that did not work for my friends or me, as I meticulously attempted to get this with three different players from the pod and failed. Hope this helps!!

Edited by bigrake1
Paragraphing
  • Like 2

• 2 years later...
15 minutes ago, bigrake1 said:

@edk97 Yes, in this game, in many (most?) cases, only the host gets the trophy. While playing multiplayer, we had to take turns as host to pop trophies for everyone.

In LBP1 and LBP2 if you had the 2nd player join with and selected their PSN account, when they logged back into their account, they would earn the trophies that were earned while playing together. LBP3 is unlike the first two entries in the series, that's probably why they felt the need to point it out.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
On 16.11.2017 at 4:16 PM, bigrake1 said:

OK. So I finally got the “Don’t Go Alone” achievement. Many players, myself included, have struggled to get this trophy to pop. The PSNProfiles guide says this trophy is “buggy,” and no doubt it is. For what it’s worth, here is what I did to salvage the situation, as this was my only missing achievement in the base game. Perhaps this strategy might bail out others in a similar situation. Some of my friends are in the same boat. The fix did NOT involve erasing my save and profile data, as many do.

I had been inviting a second player into my game (my alt account) or a friend in co-op, and then from the pod, selecting the adventures one by one from the pod as I assume many do. This led to my having a score for both players for each adventure, from the Introduction to Even Bosses Sometimes Wear Hats, but the trophy didn’t pop.

So, I decided to replay from the Introduction with another player in a different way. Instead of selecting adventures from the pod, I only accessed them from their respective hubs in the game-world. To be clear, for example, while at the Ziggurat itself, I entered adventures; I did not select adventures from the pod. In other words, I tried to mimic a natural play-through, and watched the associated cut-scenes in two-player mode (accompanied by my alt account Sack Thing in local co-op). I had already played all of Book Three: Bumkum Lagoon naturally with another friend co-op (not local co-op), and at the end of Book Two: The Ziggurat, the trophy popped for me. So I replayed the 15 levels contained in the Prologue, Book One, and Book Two as naturally as possible, not selecting levels from the pod, and the trophy popped. For what it’s worth, at the end of the Prologue, Book One, and Book Two, I received a firework celebration in my pod whilst accompanied by my friend in local co-op.

My suspicion is cherry-picking adventures from the pod—even in order—somehow disrupts the recording of credit for progress for this achievement. Others may have gotten this trophy by selecting levels from the pod, but that did not work for my friends or me, as I meticulously attempted to get this with three different players from the pod and failed. Hope this helps!!

I can confirm that this is the proper way of treating this bug. I replayed the game twice via starting the levels from my pod but no trophy. Afterwards I deleted all of my saves (profile, adventure progression,...) since I had all other trophies. Then I replayed the game  from scratch although I had the trophy-connected pin already unlocked from my PS3 playthrough. I played with a 2nd controller and was connected to the servers.

I hope that information helps others with completing the platinum!

• Like 1