Kerbal updated fixed port release January 2018

SnowxSakura

Hey guys, just want to let everyone know that the new port from squad and blitworks will release near the end of January next year

"The updated console version of KSP will be available by the end of January 2018, on both PS4 and Xbox One. One of our major objectives for KSP was to re-release a high-quality version of the game on consoles that lives up to the expectations that our players – and we – have for KSP. We took the decision to build these new versions from the ground up, which has taken more time than we had hoped, but we’ve been working alongside our friends at Blitworks and we’re excited to be getting closer to releasing these console updates."

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/167163-ksp-weekly-expedition-1/

11 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Hey guys, just want to let everyone know that the new port from squad and blitworks will release near the end of January next year

"The updated console version of KSP will be available by the end of January 2018, on both PS4 and Xbox One. One of our major objectives for KSP was to re-release a high-quality version of the game on consoles that lives up to the expectations that our players – and we – have for KSP. We took the decision to build these new versions from the ground up, which has taken more time than we had hoped, but we’ve been working alongside our friends at Blitworks and we’re excited to be getting closer to releasing these console updates."

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/167163-ksp-weekly-expedition-1/

I'm confused - this game already exists on PS4. Do they mean they are releasing a patch for the game? Removing the current version and replacing it with an upgraded version that will be available for free for current owners?

Cause this sure sounds like they are releasing a new version of the current game (which is still in the PSN store?) and making folks buy it again.

14 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

I'm confused - this game already exists on PS4. Do they mean they are releasing a patch for the game? Removing the current version and replacing it with an upgraded version that will be available for free for current owners?

Cause this sure sounds like they are releasing a new version of the current game (which is still in the PSN store?) and making folks buy it again.

They delisted the game months ago, anyone that already owns the game will receive the new port for free, otherwise it'll have to be purchased

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

They delisted the game months ago, anyone that already owns the game will receive the new port for free, otherwise it'll have to be purchased

Awesome. I think I bought it a while back on sale, so that's probably why it still shows on my end.

Thanks for the info

@diskdocx
the game has been completely remade by blitzworks as the original port by flying tiger entertainment was a buggy mess.

I've been keeping an eye on this one for quite a while and waiting patiently to be able to play it,  hopefully we now finally get a European release date. 

msged the devs and they've confirmed a European release as well :) 

25fsz2a.png

Edited by Leenewbe

• 1 month later...
On 2017/11/6 at 1:19 PM, RNumbers said:

Yeah, one of the trophies was unachievable (and therefore, the plat as well). Hopefully this won't be a separate list, but I guess no reason to think it would be. Nice to see that they may actually come through on this.

Unfortunately it will still be unachievable. This was post in their most recent daily kerbal on the official site

We also noticed questions regarding the compatibility of save files between the Enhanced Edition and the previous version of KSP on consoles, so to avoid further confusion, we want to remind you that KSP Enhanced Edition has been built form the ground up - that is - a brand new version, a different developer and, naturally, new code. On the downside, this also means that the save files from the previous version will no longer be compatible with Enhanced Edition, but anyone who had previously bought KSP on consoles will still be able to download and play it, despite it no longer being available to purchase in the stores. Furthermore, no data will be overwritten from the older versions, so you won’t lose your progress. KSP Enhanced Edition will appear on your library as a separate game and, on the brightside, you’ll be able to get twice as many achievements from playing both versions.