Game constantly crashes since DLC/New Game update

Mindary

I've played Horizon Zero Dawn without any problems when it came out.

I recently bought the DLC and wanted to get the new game+ trophies first, however the game constantly crashes when I try to play it.

It crashes about 1-3 minutes into the game, not always at the same point.

I've already initilazed my PS4 and made sure there are no scratches on my disc.

Playstation support tells me I need a Playstation Pro to play this, but I'm pretty sure that can't be it.

Does anyone have a solution? Thanks in advance!

Edit: Sorry, forgot to include the errorcode: CE-34878-0

Edited by Mindary

hmm that sounds odd best thing to do is back up your save to the cloud (if you have PS+) otherwise back it up to a USB then delete the game and all updates and content (including DLC) do a fresh install of the game from your disc and then redownload the DLC and copy your save over again and try that. If that does not work then maybe sell your disc copy and get a digital as i have never had any issues with the digital copy it is also on sale now too if you are in Europe i believe. 

Thanks for the reply, but I did that and more. I completely reset my playstation to factory settings and reinstalled the game + updates + dlc. 

I would understand if it kept crashing at the same point in the game it might be a problem with the disc, but it crashes at different points in the game (cutscenes, walking in differrent areas)

1 hour ago, Mindary said:

Thanks for the reply, but I did that and more. I completely reset my playstation to factory settings and reinstalled the game + updates + dlc. 

I would understand if it kept crashing at the same point in the game it might be a problem with the disc, but it crashes at different points in the game (cutscenes, walking in differrent areas)

maybe sell the copy and just pick up the digital copy i have it digitally and i have no issues nor has any of my gaming buddies either that use digital too.

The only "issue" I had were the same prior to the new patches/DLC, which is that the PS4's OS chugs along. And the PS4's fan goes into overdrive, but those 'issues' have been there since launch.

I didn't have a single crash doing the DLC, or my NG+ Ultra Hard run. And I have it on disc and a regular PS4.