Don't buy this game

Lag_The_Ravager

Just a fair warning to any gamer out there, but trophy hunters as well - do NOT buy this game.  It's an absolute buggy disaster from the same team who brought you the buggy disaster that is Payday 2.

Currently this game is in worse shape than ANY game I've EVER seen on Playstation since 1998... the game crashes relentlessly, every 20 minutes - and there's no exaggerations there.  I've had it crash, loaded the game back up, tried to join a lobby, and then crash again basically right away.  It happens under no given circumstances, it's all random - but one thing is consistent and it's the sheer and ridiculous rate of crashes.  I played 4 hours total now, and have experienced over 12 crashes.  

I've tried both disc and digital copy and the problem persists.  If you use the disc version the game also always says it can't recognize the disc when you put it in the machine (though it does in fact launch the game fine aftwerwards.)

It's just a seriously watered down Payday set in WW2, and is hardly playable - how it was even allowed to release on PS4 and be sold for money blows my mind... it's obvious this product did not go through any of the certification processes that other games do.  I would seriously advise anybody and everybody to avoid spending a red cent on this game.  The developers also have a track record established with Payday, in which console versions of their games are lucky to get a single patch per year, and most of the time the patches break more than they fix.  

Edited by Lag_The_Ravager
  • Like 3

• 8 months later...

it would seem that the crashing has been fixed since version 1.03 since I just decided to start playing this game after looking at the trophies and have been playing all day. The only reason I found this thread was because I was wondering why the trophies are so rare. I haven't had any crashes or any bugs and the game is running perfect so far, I do have a ps4 pro tho.

*Update

Shortly after posting this I actually just ran into a glitch where the mission objective didn't update and I had to start the mission over, but after playing for 4 hours today and only having one glitch so far I'd say it's playable at it's current state.

Edited by Bigkill321
More information to give

• 3 weeks later...

It will be good for others if the issues have been fixed, sadly for me the boat sailed back in the winter.  As it stands even without crashing the lobbies are generally pretty dead - and most of the trophy hunters I've encountered in the game are all very selfish and will not help you and will leave as soon as they're done using you for their trophies.  

The game started too bad, I don't see a real recovery in sight.

• 5 months later...

I have the platinum to this game and I would never recommend this to anyone. My friends and I are huge Payday fans so we bought this day 1 and what a disappointment. We carried on with the platinum and it was a nightmare. I posted my thought more of this over on the PST.org forums. 

• 4 years later...