I've just bought a PS Vita 2004, how should I behave with first charge?

tjoe1bkhjtqxm

I've just bought it today brand new at Gamestop (the last one he had in the shop ?) and what I do now with the first turning on, in order to preserve the best health for the battery? 

I put it on charge until 80% without switching it on, or I turn it on immediately and when it reaches the 20% battery, I put it back on charge until 80%?

Because I've read all over the Internet that modern devices must always have the % of battery between 20 and 80 (which is the exact same thing I am doing everytime with my Huawei Mate 9, which has even a non removable battery, so I really care about this thing). 

I'm definitely sure that I take care more about electronic devices and consoles instead of myself lol

Thank you

1 hour ago, LuciaRosethorn said:

The best thing to do it let it fully charge then turn it on, it damages the battery if you also remove it before it's fully charged, same if any electrical device.

Nonsense! Charging your battery up to 80% and removing doesn't damage your battery.. Everything they sell in stores with batteries is charged till about 50%.

38 minutes ago, tjoe1bkhjtqxm said:

Alright thanks 

Charge it to 100%, you shouldn't have issues with it. I advise to see how long your battery first last to see its efficiency. Worst case scenario is you'll have replace it if it doesn't last long, but I'm guessing it's still in warranty so you could send it up to Sony, they'll replace the battery free or charge.

Also best way to keep your battery in top notch condition is never fully deplete it, recharge it at least above 5% best is 10% or 20%. And if you wanna store your PS Vita for some time e.g. a few months then store it with at least 40% battery.

Edited by joskeabzu

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/10/2018 at 6:17 AM, joskeabzu said:

Nonsense! Charging your battery up to 80% and removing doesn't damage your battery.. Everything they sell in stores with batteries is charged till about 50%

No, damaging it is low. But its better to fully charge it before removing. Batteries sorta have their own countdown of charges. You plug it in to charge 1% that counts as 1 time. After so an so many times the battery just doesn't hold charges that well. Thats why its always good to fully charge if can.

To be honest your vita is more likely to break (or you will stop using it) before you will have any problems with the battery.

I think that most licensed charging cable somewhat prevent power flow once a device is fully charged (unless you leave it charging for couple of years).