Dynasty Warriors 9 Trophy Thoughts

DragonSpear2462

Turniplord, you do know that Dynasty Warriors 9 is already out in Japan don't you?

I would have bought it already, if I wasn't angry about all the shit they've ruined about it.

Judging my Jim Sterling's twitter, it sounds like he's probably going to slag the game off as well.

Time will tell I guess.

Edited by enaysoft

3 hours ago, enaysoft said:

Turniplord, you do know that Dynasty Warriors 9 is already out in Japan don't you?

I would have bought it already, if I wasn't angry about all the shit they've ruined about it.

Judging my Jim Sterling's twitter, it sounds like he's probably going to slag the game off as well.

Time will tell I guess.

That why I was asking if they were talking about reviews based on the Japanese one - The EU and NA versions have an embargo of the 13th - I know because I've had the game for two weeks for my review and we can't talk about it until Tuesday at 9am. 

That Jim Sterling is pathetic - Never liked the guy as all he does is moan about things and try and pick them apart to cause controversy. He slammed the tactics game, the Godseeker one, as well even though that was also a pretty decent game with nothing technically 'wrong' with it. The only issue with that game was the price due to it being digital only.

Like I said, I can't say much about the game but I didn't like it at first but after a while, I really got into it (DW9). I've easily put in over 130 hours so far and I have a pretty big list of whats good and whats not - most of which should hopefully be resolved in the day one patch we were advised about the other day.

Someone has got both the 100k kills and 20 officers trophies - I did report these as a possible bug so either some has managed to do it and I've just not hit that criteria (even though I think I have) or the devs are testing a new patch :) - either way, should be obtainable. Can't wait to finally get my review out on Tuesday. I have so many screenshots I want to share that I can't

On 2/13/2018 at 0:36 PM, turniplord said:

Yeah - it just means creating weapons, accessories or gems at the blacksmith. My trophy popped whilst creating a weapon.

Ok that will be easy then (just a bit of a grind to collect the materials and I am assuming you can just craft the easiest item 100 times to get the trophy). The trophy that will be annoying is the eat 100 meals trophy just because that will require a lot of materials.

Edited by lordzeze

3 hours ago, lordzeze said:

Ok that will be easy then (just a bit of a grind to collect the materials and I am assuming you can just craft the easiest item 100 times to get the trophy). The trophy that will be annoying is the eat 100 meals trophy just because that will require a lot of materials.

I think it was 100 different things.

Tbh - throughout regular gameplay you collect tonnes of materials, I just created a load of weapons and gems - weapons can't be duplicated so you know you're okay with those - gems can.

Food wasn't that bad. I just went off and found some big packs of wolves as they usually gather in groups of 10+. killing all of them gets you a load of either raw meat or rare meat. The extra parts like vinegar can be bought in certain towns - so that one wasn't too bad.

2 minutes ago, spykeralbersfan1 said:

I’m 11 hours in and still haven’t finished the the first wie story so I think it closer to 100hrs

Depends on what the goal is - if it's the platinum then I would say about 100-150 depending on if you are specifically trophy hunting or not. If you mean to 100% the game (as the plat doesn't require you to complete the gallery, which is all 90 characters with all their side missions to get all the videos) then you're looking at 200+ hours. I'm on 168 atm and still working on unlocking all the battles in the encyclopedia.

24 minutes ago, turniplord said:

Depends on what the goal is - if it's the platinum then I would say about 100-150 depending on if you are specifically trophy hunting or not. If you mean to 100% the game (as the plat doesn't require you to complete the gallery, which is all 90 characters with all their side missions to get all the videos) then you're looking at 200+ hours. I'm on 168 atm and still working on unlocking all the battles in the encyclopedia.

So you got the gem trophy is it 20 gems or 20 different gems 

Just now, spykeralbersfan1 said:

So you got the gem trophy is it 20 gems or 20 different gems 

20 different ones. it doesn't tell you which you already have though, so you need to have a mental note of which you have. I ended up getting it by just killing a load of officers with the '25% more likely to drop' one equipt so they tended to drop gems quite a lot.

9 minutes ago, turniplord said:

20 different ones. it doesn't tell you which you already have though, so you need to have a mental note of which you have. I ended up getting it by just killing a load of officers with the '25% more likely to drop' one equipt so they tended to drop gems quite a lot.

Ok makes sense I’ll write down which ones I got to keep track