Shadow of the Colossus Remake/Remastered PS4 thoughts.

Nexuds121

I have not played the PS4 version yet, but I'm planning on picking it up though.

Shadow of the Colossus is a thing of legend at this point. I think it is one of the best games ever made and there really hasn't been anything quite like it since. Team Ico just pours some kind of voodoo dark magic into their games. They all ooze with this feeling of awe and wonder. I just played through The Last Guardian for the first time last week and its still there. I compared the feeling as watching a Studio Ghibli film as a kid for the first time. 

If you do not know anything about the story of Shadow then I would advise to keep it that way and certainly give the PS4 version the time of day. Even if you do not prefer slower paced entertainment I would urge anyone to stick with it till the end, even if it is just for a quick history lesson in video game classics.

• Like 1

I own the original on the PS2 and the remaster on the PS3. I love this game to death, and I'm not just saying that because of nostalgia. No other game to this day has recreated the epic feeling of scaling a giant monster and slaying it using only your wits and a sword. So I would definitely recommend the PS4 remake to new comers because for the most part its the same game, but with improved graphics, controls, frame rate, etc.

I am currently playing it on the PS4 and I'm loving it. I first played this in 2005 on the PS2. The story drew me in instantly and I really loved the dynamic between Wander and Mono. It's a story that needs no background or (much) dialogue, yet it speaks so much. It is a challenging trophy list, though easier than the PS3. The actual gameplay is pretty fast-paced in my opinion since it's just 16 bosses. The extras/collectibles are time-consuming, but I think it's worth it to play this game at least once. The remake is absolutely beautiful. It's good that they rebuilt it from the ground up rather than just remastering it again. 

Edited by EvenstarII