Will Bungie change the "The Prestige" trophy back?

L89_-_PR3DATOR

For those of who managed to get the Destiny 2 platinum at the very start of the release are very lucky. I didnt manage to get it myself as I was busy with work & few other unfinished games. I think it came as a shock to most of us when bungie decided to change a trophy. I dont ever recall ANYTHING like this ever happening since the trophy support was put in place in 2008. I personally think they should change it back as it is not fair on others. What do you guys think? 

Edited by L89_-_PR3DATOR

1 hour ago, L89_-_PR3DATOR said:

Looking for a fireteam to do the Leviathan Raid. I really want to get this trophy out the way. Anyone can join.

PS- Whoever has reached the final boss and got the checkpoint & can take me there I will be ever soo grateful

Boosting threads aren't allowed, but you can create a gaming session. Check this thread for more information:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8. 3. 2018 at 3:34 PM, stupid0089 said:

yea but they have already changed the trophy in Destiny 2 once, doubt they will change it again.

I doubt that too. I was just saying that changing the trophy requirements after release has been done before.

Edited by BloodyRutz

There's a big difference between the Overwatch trophy change and the Destiny one.  Nerfing Mercy's ability made the trophy 100% impossible to obtain.  Changing the Raid level back to 300 made the trophy obtainable (but more difficult) for vanilla owners, but changing the trophy requirements itself was neither necessary nor beneficial to anyone.  As an avid trophy hunter, I can list at least 10 examples of spending money on DLC making it easier to obtain trophies (my favorite is the Red Bull car in GT5).  But at no time, ever, in the history of trophies, have I seen a trophy requirement changed to make it harder for people that dropped the cash.  

Unfortunately, I don't think they'll change it back.  The outcry just isn't as widespread or vicious as it was when COO was released, and I don't think Bungie wants to resurrect this again.  I'm super angry, and I'm sure some others are too, but unless it's the thousands that originally complained about this I think our little squeaks will fall on deaf ears.

My hope is that, like D1, some later DLC gives you a weapon or loadout that makes Prestige Leviathan easier.  My group tried about a month ago and got smashed in the face bad enough to give up.  And we actually DID the normal Raid during the week it was 300, and have finished Prestige NF a few times.  Meaning we actually all have the Platinum trophy, but like a petulant little brother who changes the rules when he's losing, Bungie decided our completions didn't count.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/9/2018 at 10:57 AM, FeelTheCosmos said:

But at no time, ever, in the history of trophies, have I seen a trophy requirement changed to make it harder for people that dropped the cash. 

At least one other game did - Towerfall Ascension back in 2015. The trophy Time Lord (complete all trials stages with a total time under two minutes) was removed from the game and the trophy Reaper's Crown (complete King's Court on hardcore without getting hit) was added in its place. As hard as it was to complete those trials in under two minutes total, completing ANY level, much less King's Court, on hardcore without getting hit is far more difficult.