Online still active?

lordzeze

• 2 weeks later...

Game is practically dead unfortunately. Once the novelty of the game wear off, repetitive gameplay and a mandatory 4 person team, makes it impossible to play without boosting. Even if you join a game with randoms, if one person doesn't play properly (or doesn't know how to play) then it ruins the game for everyone else. Oh and if one person leaves the game, say goodbye to all your progress.

Unless you're a hardcore Star Trek fan willing to put up with a whole ton of gameplay issues and Ubisoft's always online DRM nonsense (even when you're wanting to play single player) I'd stay clear of this game.

I wish I'd never bought it myself.

Also, unless you're planning on getting the Platinum, most the trophies are easy but one mission the Kobayashi Maru is impossible on single player. So if you're worried about having to rely on 3 people online. That's another reason not to get this game. It doesn't bother me not having the plat, but still. It's annoying having to rely on a team to play well.

Edited by enaysoft

43 minutes ago, lordzeze said:

Thanks that I what I kinda thought. Yeah it doesn't seem to be worth a purchase if the online is dead. Shame as this seemed like a fun game to play at least for a few hours (until the novelty wears off like you said).

If you have vr for this game then I recommend it. But if you don't have vr then I don't even see the point in playing it regardless if the online is dead or active. It's really fun and immersive in vr though.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah I'd have to agree with that. Buy this game is you don't care about getting the Platinum and have a headset. Just wish it didn't have always online DRM though. That part absolutely sucks.

Playing this game for platinum or without a headset, will genuinely make this game unenjoyable.

I played it without VR once as I had just played another game in VR, felt a bit motion sick and so needed a rest. Playing this game without a headset, the "felt like being in a real Star Trek ship" feeling is gone.

• 2 months later...

Hi,

Just got the VR headset and this game.

It's not a game where you can feel motion sickness easily; It's quite confortable and I've played 1h30 without motion sick (I did have motion sick on Scavenger's odysee of VR World after 15 minutes only, I need to practice :) ).

And even if the graphics aren't that good, with the VR on, it's really enjoyable because the most imortant part is the VR experience. If it was to play without it, I don't think I will like it.

Online is quite dead indeed, but if we can find a team of newcomers as us for a boosting session, it could be great !

• Like 1