Wdog's Trophy Quest of Ultimate Ego and Zero Dignity

Walt the Dog

1Lef4460.png

Hyperdimension Neptunia (JP)

Well, folks, this was an annoying one. No, it's not because it's hard (quite the opposite), nor is it because there are a bunch of major glitches (just some minor graphical ones extremely late in the game). No, it's because of how tedious the game is. While I was fine on my first playthrough, I had to take several breaks from the sloggy grind of completing every sidequest and filling in the blanks for the bestiary (which required a second playthrough). Things weren't helped by the language barrier, which made things just a bit more tedious, mainly with the bestiary. It's going to suck when and if I have to do the Korean version of this game, but from this, I've learned how important it is to glue your eyes to a guide the first time around, which will make that less tedious if I could ever find the damn thing on eBay. Seriously, I found the second and third games easily enough, but the first game is just killing me. Then again, I didn't really start looking until February this year, so I'm likely at least a year too late for anyone to even care about the Korean version. Such is life. Doesn't stop me from looking, though.

• 2 weeks later...

1Leb13e8.png

Rise of the Guardians

Eh, this was enjoyable at the start, but by the end, it just felt a bit too repetitive due to the fact that all of the short-term goals had been achieved, so the postgame just became a slog to get everything in each area. Thankfully, I didn't have any trouble with trophy glitches or the infamous "Magic is Everywhere" trophy, though "Shadow Shifter" was giving me some grief because the champion monkey is very rare in the main game, but thankfully, I read that it was common in the Balancing Act challenge for the Tooth Palace, so that saved me from snapping at the last moment. All in all, this was a very easy plat (befitting a very easy game) and while not the most enjoyable game, Rise of the Guardians is certainly better than some of the games I've platted.

Edited by Wdog-999

• 3 weeks later...

1L3cc25d.png

The Walking Dead (Vita)

Since there's not much to talk about without getting into spoilers, let me just say that while it was chance, it's an honor to have this game get me to Level 26. It was my GOTY 2012 when I first beat it and it's still fucking great on the second go-around. Even if you hate zombie stories to the bottom of your heart, you would be doing yourself a disservice not to experience this one. Now to get to 400 Days.

1La59558.png

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F (US)

Well, this was a fun one. I got the Japanese plat back in January and even back then, it was an easy plat, so now that I had experience with the series via the Vita version, it got even easier since I was able to do a lot of the DP grinding while doing the other trophies by playing most of the songs with the Mega Survival item (though in hindsight, I could've easily used the Perfectionist item for all of the songs, thus potentially eliminating the DP grinding in its entirety), so it took about half an hour to grind the necessary DP to finish off the modules. Unfortunately, I accidentally forgot the Yukata modules for Len and Meiko, which I didn't realize until I'd gotten all of the Senbonzakura modules, which are all unnecessary for the Module Collection trophy anyway. Besides that little roadblock, I also ended up having to grind the loading screen at the end to get my last few pieces of art (who the hell thought that was a good idea for a trophy?). Nevertheless, it was an enjoyable plat seeing as how this is an enjoyable game.

Edited by Wdog-999

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

1Lcac9f5.png
Under Defeat HD: Deluxe Edition

While I didn't have much fun with this one, I must admit that I brought it on myself for going out of my way to use 2 controllers the entire time just so I could spam bombs and make the plat even easier than it already is. At the very least, the soundtrack was pretty good, though in my 6 playthroughs, there were two instances in the fourth stage where the music just stopped playing and was replaced with occasional annoying sounds. Anyway, I do plan on getting the JP plat as well, and maybe with one controller this time (except for the Stockpiling Arms trophy, which is a lot harder without the second controller).

• 3 weeks later...

1L05ff23.png

Neptune Re;Birth 1 (JP)

Well, this was my first Neptunia plat without any DLC weapons and it actually wasn't all that hard, even with accidentally having the "Stronger Enemies" option on until the Chapter 5 finale. If anything, that likely helped me since it made me grind more while it was on, so when I turned it off, I was overleveled for what came after. Of course, this was also one hell of a grind thanks to the complete lack of a money trick like in Victory, so I ended up having to kill hundreds of Cliones to get to the 100M credit mark, and that was with every possible money bonus on and with just buying and selling clothes once I hit the 50M mark. All in all, it was a very enjoyable plat and I can't wait for Re;Birth 2 and the inevitable localization of Re;Birth 1.

Also, I technically got this plat on Saturday, but I was on vacation then, so that's why I'm just posting about it now.

• 2 weeks later...

1L5a7b92.png
Under Defeat HD (JP)

Not even bothering with a description because I got the EN plat not too long ago and it's virtually the same experience.

Also, I got it yesterday, but it was right at the last minute, so I'm only posting about it now.

Edited by Wdog-999

• 2 weeks later...

#63 & #64

1L8eb9aa.png

Sound Shapes (PS4) (US/EU)

Thank God for the Cloud!

Also, I forgot about this one from last night...

087d5141.png
Trivial Pursuit (12/24/13)

Well, this was a fairly annoying one. Don't get me wrong, it was piss-easy, but thanks to my poor management, I ended up having to do more games than necessary of Clear the Board to get the platinum. The third unnecessary game wasn't too bad since it was just getting to the wedges as quickly as possible, but the other two were hell since the first one ended up being wiped because I was worried about the Personal Best trophy (I was on my way to an unbeatable score) and the second one was for naught because I accidentally deleted three spaces off of the board that I hadn't answered. Overall, an easy plat, but a rather annoying one as well.

Edited by Wdog-999

• 2 weeks later...

1L738d01.png
The Smurfs 2

Well, that was an easy plat, but I'll admit that it wasn't all that bad, though it does help that I love platformers, so that made it a bit more likable to me. A few of the bosses were a bit annoying to get through without getting hit (Gargamel took me about 6 tries), but overall, it's nothing that would stress someone out too much.

• 2 weeks later...