Gamebreaking bug preventing progression...

Lag_The_Ravager

I am in Chapter 3 of the game, when you get to the basement of the mansion you are supposed to collect an Old Photograph, and an ability orb for Vine Climb is supposed to drop from the ceiling - except it won't!! I'm super peeved because I deleted my save file and replayed up until this point only to have it happen AGAIN.  

This game is honest to god Furry-Certified garbage.

• Like 1

Just because something has happened to you doesn't make the game rubbish, that's just called being salty. Either you're the only person who has encountered this or you haven't looked up. Also just because you play as animals doesn't make it furries, you might aswell call Final Fantasy a furry game since you have some characters who are based of an animal like Fran who is pretty much a rabbit girl.

I do feel sorry for you dude, glitches/bugs that prevent progression or corrupt save data forcing you to start over are extremely annoying but I have to agree with LuciaRosethorn on this one. Dust: An Elysian Tail is held in high regard by many and rightly so, it's a gem of a game. Also, the fact that it was supposedly created by 1 guy made me personally respect it that much more. I hope that you find a solution to the problem. However, perhaps as suggested above maybe it could be a mistake on your part? As this is the first time I'm hearing about this issue too. Either way I hope you give the game another chance. Good luck! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LuciaRosethorn said:

Just because something has happened to you doesn't make the game rubbish, that's just called being salty. Either you're the only person who has encountered this or you haven't looked up. Also just because you play as animals doesn't make it furries, you might aswell call Final Fantasy a furry game since you have some characters who are based of an animal like Fran who is pretty much a rabbit girl.

Never thought of it that way, but I'm happy to see the chance to turn this thread into a Viera wankfest didn't pass you by.

In fact, screw this guy and his problems and let's all have intercourse with animals.

19 hours ago, LuciaRosethorn said:

Just because something has happened to you doesn't make the game rubbish, that's just called being salty. Either you're the only person who has encountered this or you haven't looked up. 

I actually did look it up and found other instances of people having the same issue and NO solution. People have reported it on the Xbox Achievements site AND Steam both.  Just not here.  

I had to replay Chapter 1-3 THREE times, deleting my saves everytime.  It only worked after I reinstalled the whole game.  It's not "salty" when a game is so damn bugged you have to replay half of it 3 times and reinstall the game because of a glitch, that's a legitimate complaint and naturally it's going to weigh in on my experience and opinion of the game.  

There was no mistake on my part - just a gamebreaking bug. 

I'm not even going to get into the furry argument because that WAS salt on my part.  The rest of my complaint still stands.

Edited by Lag_The_Ravager
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Lag_The_Ravager said:

I actually did look it up and found other instances of people having the same issue and NO solution. People have reported it on the Xbox Achievements site AND Steam both.  Just not here.  

I had to replay Chapter 1-3 THREE times, deleting my saves everytime.  It only worked after I reinstalled the whole game.  It's not "salty" when a game is so damn bugged you have to replay half of it 3 times and reinstall the game because of a glitch, that's a legitimate complaint and naturally it's going to weigh in on my experience and opinion of the game.  

There was no mistake on my part - just a gamebreaking bug. 

I'm not even going to get into the furry argument because that WAS salt on my part.  The rest of my complaint still stands.

I admire your restraint, both upon encountering such a ridiculous and PREVENTABLE game breaking glitch/bug (which a simple Google search suggests others HAVE indeed encountered) but also confronting similar senselessness for simply reporting the issues here (along with accompanying and understandable frustration.)

It is a game i skipped on but others did manage to snake charm their way through (after coming across the absent collectibles) given a few attempts from scratch. Try to persevere when you have the time/patience? As someone whom has recently encountered similar virtual roadblocks i can feel your pain.....yet as long as a trophy or achievement has above a 0.0% rating USUALLY it was (or usually is) still obtainable someway/somehow.....i wish you well in said pursuit pal.

• Like 1