Sonic 1 and Sonic 2 remakes coming to iOS/android (but probably consoles later)

Lady Lilith

http://segabits.com/blog/2013/03/26/sonic-the-hedgehog-remastered-releasing-to-ios-and-android-in-spring-2013/

27916IMG_1020-600x338.png

SEGA has revealed, at GDC 2013, that the original Sonic classic Sonic the Hedgehog will be releasing to iOS and Android this Spring for $2.99. While SEGA is only commenting on Sonic the Hedgehog at the moment, AndroidPolice.com is reporting that the sequel Sonic the Hedgehog 2 is also set for a remastered release. Thus far, iOS and Android are the only platforms announced, but if Sonic CD’s rerelease is anything to go by, we’ll see console ports as well. Speaking of Sonic CD’s rerelease, Christian “Taxman” Whitehead is likely behind the Sonic 1 & 2 rereleases if his recent tweet is anything to go by: “Those feels, I’m preparing a build for GDC and I won’t even be there.”

Now I hear you saying “but Sonic 1 & 2 are already on digital marketplaces! I don’t want to buy it again!”. Well SEGA has a few new features to entice you to buy the classic again. SEGA promises widescreen support, 60fps, a remastered soundtrack, and an added time attack mode. As soon as we learn more details, we’ll be sure to share! In the meanwhile, check out the gallery below.

27920IMG_1154-150x150.png 27919IMG_1151-150x150.png 27918IMG_1080-150x150.png
27917IMG_1044-150x150.png

27916IMG_1020-150x150.png    
  Shut-up-and-take-my-rings_zpsc2ed7f38.pn

...At least if they come to consoles/handhelds.  I'm not too fond of the idea of Sonic on iOS

Edited by gamerm1337

Im obviously a huge sonic fan but this is a bit pointless. At least to release them on consoles anyway, i already got 100% on both of those and im not buying it again just for widescreen support and a remastered soundtrack. (there is nothing wrong with the original soundtrack)

I'd much rather they put Sonic 3 and Sonic and Knuckles on the PSN first with connectivity if you own both titles but even before them I'd prefer games similar to the Sonic Unleashed day stages, Sonic Generations, Sonic Advance 2 and 3 or Sonic Rush before any remakes...

I actually agree with this, I've been wanting a non-half assed port of Sonic 3 & K on PSN ever since I got 3 & K for 360, and there was no level select screen, which was half the fun of Super/Hyper Sonic, as well as a much better chance of getting all the emeralds.  They could do it now that they have M2 doing the Vintage games (see the recent collections, versus the Backbone ones).  But really, what's the chance of that? Even if we did get 3 & K, it'd probably be a port of the existing version.

As for the rest, I'm for it, even if I haven't played Advance 2 and 3 in forever.  I remember liking Advance 3 better though.

Really, I'm waiting for Sega to announce their new Sonic game (Adventure 3?) ever since they teased it back in like, February.

These remakes would be amazing on my Vita though.  I was under the impression that they'd do more than just frame rate and other stuff.  I guess the Resident Evil remake spoiled me.  Whenever I hear remake, I think of an actual revamp versus a few enhancements.  :ninja: