Legendary Equipment

I was looking at the trophy info for that one in guide, and in particular, for the bows.  It says one is from the Ubisoft club thing... but what I want to know is, well, is there other legendary bows in the game to obtain? I mean, other than the other one that's mentioned in the guide, since you know, need two bows.

Also, shouldn't a tool be counted in there as well? Just curious on that one as I unlocked fire bombs and said fire bombs are legendary as well.  Unlocked that on the way to the animal tamer skill.

1 hour ago, DrakeHellsing said:

I was looking at the trophy info for that one in guide, and in particular, for the bows.  It says one is from the Ubisoft club thing... but what I want to know is, well, is there other legendary bows in the game to obtain? I mean, other than the other one that's mentioned in the guide, since you know, need two bows.

Also, shouldn't a tool be counted in there as well? Just curious on that one as I unlocked fire bombs and said fire bombs are legendary as well.  Unlocked that on the way to the animal tamer skill.

I haven’t read the guide here so I can’t say anything about the requirements listed there, but I do have the trophy. 

The equipment that I got was just in-game and not from the Ubisoft Club rewards system nor from in-game purchases. If I remember correctly there’s a legendary bow I got from looting a chest in a camp somewhere and I also remember getting one from a Reda mission. Since I had the legendary firebombs equipped before the two bows I can’t tell you if the trophy would have popped without the legendary equipment as well or not. But I hope my answer still helps you.  

Just now, BeastySoldier said:

I haven’t read the guide here so I can’t say anything about the requirements listed there, but I do have the trophy. 

The equipment that I got was just in-game and not from the Ubisoft Club rewards system nor from in-game purchases. If I remember correctly there’s a legendary bow I got from looting a chest in a camp somewhere and I also remember getting one from a Reda mission. Since I had the legendary firebombs equipped before the two bows I can’t tell you if the trophy would have popped without the legendary equipment as well or not. But I hope my answer still helps you.  

Ah, thanks, that's essentially what I wanted to know, so I need not get stuff from the club or anything like that.  I mean don't get me wrong, there are some interesting things there, but I may grab something form there some other time.  Good to know both can be found within the gameworld itself.  But either way, it helps me out in knowing I don't need the purchases stuff to get it done :D

You’re welcome I’m glad I could help. I don’t wanna spend my Uplay points either coz I need them for the 20% off for Far Cry 5 ? 

Reda‘s rewards are random so it might take a while till you get a bow but I‘ve received at least 2 items from him so far that could have been unlocked through the in-game purchases. 

The level 25 Phylakati drops a legendary bow called ‘smoke and mirrors’ and the two level 40 war elephants you have to defeat for the trophy drop another legendary bow called the ‘Trophy Hunter’ but a few other Phylakati also drop them as well as loot whilst going for the ‘Old Habits’ trophy.

Edited by Waddlingdan

15 hours ago, Waddlingdan said:

The level 25 Phylakati drops a legendary bow called ‘smoke and mirrors’ and the two level 40 war elephants you have to defeat for the trophy drop another legendary bow called the ‘Trophy Hunter’ but a few other Phylakati also drop them as well as loot whilst going for the ‘Old Habits’ trophy.

Ah, that's good to hear as well about the War Elephants.  I've yet to come across those camps myself, but I shall keep that in mind for when I reach the desired level to deal with those.  But again, good to know there are other bows out there as well, which makes it easier to deal with :D

Smoke and Mirrors is one of my favorites, if not my outright favorite, bow to use within the game. Another Phylake (I forget which) drops a legendary warrior bow named Jackal's Gaze. I have yet to find a better warrior bow. Also, you get a legendary light bow for completing a mission or beating someone (I forget which) named Composite Bow. I have yet to find a better light bow. Basically, completing quests, killing someone or completing the many question marks scattered around will all reward you for your efforts. Whether they give you legendary items or not is up to the game, but many of the legendary drops are fixed so if you beat one Phylake, they are SUPPOSED to give you a certain item. The higher you level up, the more legendary equipment, be it bows, weapons, shields, outfits or mounts, will drop your way. Also, the timed Trials of the Gods will usually get you legendary items, too.

As of this post (3/8/18), you can take on Anubis on normal difficulty or Sekhmet on hard difficulty. The reward for beating hard Sekhmet is a legendary regular sword that kicks ass. If you're lucky, you can get legendary items from Reda's Heka chests, too. A few days before I beat Sekhmet, I got the Hercules' Gladius in a Heka chest. At the time, I thought it was the best sword in the game and was tempted to spend real money to buy it from the store, but I'm glad I didn't as I won it and later got even even better one. So you'll get legendary items from all sorts of places within the game. :yay:

Hmm, not sure if I'll be leveled up enough to take on those two gods by the time the event is done xD

But I actually have an extra question, it doesn't count the crafting side right? As in, the breasplate, hidden blade and all those to become legendary status through crafting? As I was noticing that while crafting, after a bit, I managed to make two things rare status instead,  But I'm assuming other than the "Craft 20 things" trophy, they don't really need to be bothered with right? Especially for legendary status?

Correct. Crafting items won't go towards the "I'm a Legend" trophy. Only bows, weapons, shields, outfits and mounts go toward that trophy.

Also, have no fear about missing out on the current Gods. They all switch up every few weeks or so. Miss them this time, they'll be back.

4 minutes ago, Pirelli913 said:

Correct. Crafting items won't go towards the "I'm a Legend" trophy. Only bows, weapons, shields, outfits and mounts go toward that trophy.

Also, have no fear about missing out on the current Gods. They all switch up every few weeks or so. Miss them this time, they'll be back.

Ah, thanks for those answers in general.  Wasn't sure about the crafting stuff, but had a feeling, but figured, better make sure anyway.  Granted, I'd probably still upgrade those anyway whenever I can, especially to hold more arrows and do more damage xD

And yeah, those gods, weren't sure how they did them as those two showed up essentially, a day after I started up the game, so it was new to me.  So next round when I'm a good level, I shall attempt one of them.  I take it you can actually fight them on your own? Or do you need others to help you beat them?

On 3/10/2018 at 1:12 PM, DrakeHellsing said:

I take it you can actually fight them on your own? Or do you need others to help you beat them?

There's no co-op or AI NPC assistance for help with the Gods. You fight them entirely on your own. Anubis and Sekhmet are in such secluded areas that it's highly unlikely you'll encounter anyone near them. Sobek is in an area where wildlife such as crocs, hippos, lions or hyenas could be present, but they'll be a hindrance on you rather than helping you kill a God. Lol. The Composite Bow I mentioned above (which grants health on hit) is a light bow and extremely useful, not only against the Gods, but against the various war elephants as well. I forget where you acquire it, though, but I believe you get it from a Phylake. Could be wrong, though.