The Downside of Multiplayer?

Gr4de_04

Are there any downsides to using co-op? A friend of mine offered to help me get trough the game. and although i like a challenge we barely ever get the chance to do co-op games with eachother. So i wanna do my initial playtrough with him. Ive only just begun and beated the cleric beast. I was just wondering if multiplayer has any downsides. I could imagine bloodechoes being splitted therefore stalling character progression and some trophies. Any insights would be helpfull.

ps: im completely new to this. i have never played dark souls either. closest thing to this game that ive played is Let it Die

26 minutes ago, Platisfaction said:

Well, the only real 'downside' is that you might get invaded while summoning a coop partner. Saltyie and me compiled an FAQ in our Bloodborne guide; check it out, might be helpful.

Your guide only speaks of an already patched bug that happens in pvp. I cant find anything else in the guide.

Just now, Platisfaction said:

The section "How does online play work"?

Yeah im not asking how Online play works. im asking if there are any downsides. that section only describes the bells and stuff. I just want to know if any trophies will be significantly harder or if i gain less blood echoes or something.

Sorry if that wasn't clear in my initial question

Just now, gamesfourever said:

Yeah im not asking how Online play works. im asking if there are any downsides. that section only describes the bells and stuff. I just want to know if any trophies will be significantly harder or if i gain less blood echoes or something.

No, as I said above, the only downside is that you might get invaded. You will gain the same about of blood echos and no trophies are harder to obtain or anything. Sorry that I did not make this clearer in my first post.

Just now, Platisfaction said:

No, as I said above, the only downside is that you might get invaded. You will gain the same about of blood echos and no trophies are harder to obtain or anything. Sorry that I did not make this clearer in my first post.

Ah okay then. Seems we both weren't very clear about our intentions.Thanks for clarifying.

• Like 1

Yes the guide is greatly detailed and the game is hard without one.Thank you.So this means BB gets easier if you coop?

Like right now I was struggling to make it to the 1st boss.Then i farmed echoes and lvled up my character to the most i could.Now all enemies are easy to kill my weapon axe is 5+.I rarely use parry mechanism but down most enemies and bosses easily with hack and slash.

Seriously gg I just reached the woods with the 3 bosses but dammit I got to go to work.

• Like 1

Another downside might be that if you accidentally match up with a super powered Hunter, you might not see much of the boss fight at all. But if you go in with a friend who rolls a new character, that might not be a problem. But you might miss a big portion of the fun that makes up a Souls game: getting owned at first, learning enemies behaviour and eventually overcoming them, which yields a lot of satisfaction.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, OrbitSurfer said:

Another downside might be that if you accidentally match up with a super powered Hunter, you might not see much of the boss fight at all. But if you go in with a friend who rolls a new character, that might not be a problem. But you might miss a big portion of the fun that makes up a Souls game: getting owned at first, learning enemies behaviour and eventually overcoming them, which yields a lot of satisfaction.

I understand the whole persistence pays off part of hard to beat games but personally, i find this unappealing. It's more about the actual gameplay for me than constantly being beaten down wasting hours upon hours. I play games to enjoy the gameplay and story. Not to torture my self or waste time.

Honestly, co-op makes things way easier. Considering how the bosses choose to attack one person at a time, one person can be used as a distraction, while another chips off the boss' health. Solo is where the real fun and tension comes from. And tbh, Bloodborne is quite an easy game once you get familiar with your weapon and boss patterns. I never played the other Souls games, so I don't know how Bloodborne's difficulty is in comparison to others. Try opting for coop only after you think that a boss is too hard to beat solo.

The hardest boss for me where probably Martyr Logarius since his aerial attack really screwed up my lock-on camera, lol. Ebrietas was pretty hard until I realized that staying on its back allows you to avoid most of its attacks, minus the laser ones. 

Edited by Golden Devil Gamer