Bit Dungeon +, Vita Ver has Issues. PS4 is fine.

Kishnabe

Better to go with PS4 version (Cross Buy), especially if you care about trophies

1.) If you quite to menu after a completed level/s. Then continue where you left off and die. Progression does not carry over (#of Bosses defeated, Shield Damage, Floors opened, Blood Loss) and will be set to zero.

However, an interrupted run does not have that problem.

On the PS4, if you quite to menu and then continue. Progression is still there. However, if you turn off the game and then turn it back on. You are set to zero.

2.) When you quit to menu and go to continue screen. The Vita version always shows level 1 regardless of progress. Where as the PS4 version shows the correct level you are at.

3.) When you swap your current equipment to a treasure chest. You can’t swap it back in the Vita version. In the PS4 version you are free to swap it back.

4.) There are scavenger and ghosts (does not show up in Vita version) when you revisit a completed room. They are easy to kill, drop Health/mana potions and Coins.

5.) When I completed 4-5 bosses, I met a Ghost that asked If I was ready to face the final boss. I said yes, and beat the final boss?. Then in the next room I met her again. She asked the same question again,

but I could not pick anything. Then the game sent me to a normal dungeon….. Did not bother to see if this occurred on PS4.

6.) Trophies have problem popping on the Vita. I spent 30 minutes on the PS4 version ( I got the Shield Trophy). On the Vita version I spent 4+hours straight. Shield trophy ( I hit the requirements and beyond) did not pop there. Yes, there is no cross save.

Gameplay: You have Magic, Melee and Shield. Magic is not needed, most levels you will be dodging projectiles. Better to get melee hits in then be a standing target.

Enemies don’t always have a tell when they are about to cast magic or shoot arrows. With Bosses it can be annoying. Not knowing when to block.

The only remedy is going back and forth between cleared rooms to grind. After a set of enemies defeated, you have the option to increase one of the stats ( +5 attack, +5 health, +5 Critical). After a couple of

level grinds, easily thrash a boss life in seconds before they become a problem.

Procedurally Generated Hack and Slash (Binding of Isaac Dungeon Design) with Permadeath.

You carry over nothing into next run.

Your avatar menu will have all the equipment you have unlocked. You need to complete a specific set to unlock trophy. Higher Color Equipment require Harder difficulties. Hell difficulty is required if you want to get all trophies.

Only Story Mode (explains nothing, you are just dropped in to a dungeon) and Babel Tower (300 Seconds to complete level, but you can get extra time from enemy drops)

Had to find info about Story from the main Steam Page. A plot is to get revenge for a fallen friend.

• Like 4

Hello there and thank you for doing this thread, I was about to make one of my own and ask about some of the stuff you've written here as well as how hard you guys think it will be to get 100% on this? I tried Hell difficulty today because you noted that it'll be needed for the game to give you the high-level gear and I feel it's very hard alone since you can get swamped by enemy fire suddenly. I tried the classic save scumming trick and thankfully it worked since without that I don't see a way to ever get 100% on this due to the random nature of what enemies spawn when you load a game or enter a room. Just like you said, there are glitches.

I haven't tried the PS Vita version but there are some stuff with the PS 4 version as well. I've contacted the developer on Twitter and told him of what I've encountered so far. The most troublesome thing is that the save files on PS 4 were suddenly gone but the reappeared when I restarted. And then there is the thing with the contents of chests sometimes change when you pick something and go back to pick up the gear you just changed and then there is another item there and not the one you dropped. Without the enemies/ghosts in the completed rooms it would be basically impossible to complete this with 100% trophies as well. It's a small comfort when playing on Hell difficulty but at least it makes it a bit more bearable. Also, another problematic thing is that when loading the save file, the coins are reset to zero, and that will be a big big problem for the 8000 coins trophy unless that trophy as well as the others (8000 enemies etc. are accumulated across games).

Edit: I just got the Rich Man trophy for 8000 coins and it is accumulated across runs thankfully because it unlocked on my current run with only 3210 coins :)

Edited by Adunare
  • Like 1

• 4 years later...

8000kills trophy and gold and red set is glitched for me. No trophies. What a shame, will try do gold set on a blank save

I wiped my save file and started over again, this time gold set trophy popped, but not the dreaded red set....

I found out when exiting the game if the trophy didnt pop by picking up the final set item the game didnt save the last item so i could try again. i tried 3 more times to pick up the last, and no trophy, so the glitch must be deeper then this.

i might try and wipe the same one more time. but doing 8000 kills again............................

Edited by Megaman80