Can Both Players earn Trophies?

wilwheaton5

Hey guys, I'm writing this post just to find out how co-op trophies work? So obviously if both people buy the game and play online we both get the trophies. I have heard if one person buys the game they can gift the other person a friend pass, but that second person therefore does not get the trophies while playing? Does the friend pass apply to online co-op only or split screen as well? Also if one person buys the game and plays local split screen with the other, will the second person earn trophies as well? 

Sorry for the long list of questions, me and my friend are thinking of getting it, but I'm hesitant to buy it, if I'm not going to get any of the trophies. I just want some definitive answers on this because everywhere I go to look it up, one person says one thing then someone else says another and you never know how it actually works. Thanks guys! 

• Like 1

Correct, if you gift your online pass to a friend they will not earn trophies but if you game share with him/her you will both earn trophies on each of your own accounts. As for split screen I am fairly certain you will both earn trophies if you are logged into your separate accounts and not a guest profile. Hope I could be of some help :)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, EpicNogg4 said:

Correct, if you gift your online pass to a friend they will not earn trophies but if you game share with him/her you will both earn trophies on each of your own accounts. As for split screen I am fairly certain you will both earn trophies if you are logged into your separate accounts and not a guest profile. Hope I could be of some help :)

Ya thanks for replying to the post! What exactly do you mean by game share? If we can both earn on our separate accounts on split screen that would be preferable as I prefer split screen, I just want to be sure  

Edited by wilwheaton5
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, wilwheaton5 said:

Ya thanks for replying to the post! What exactly do you mean by game share? If we can both earn on our separate accounts on split screen that would be preferable as I prefer split screen, I just want to be sure  

The way I did it was game sharing with my mate so that way only one of us had to buy the game, if you are unsure how to do this all you have to do is get your friends email and password for their PS account or give it to him/her depending on who buys the game then go to their library on your console and download whichever game you choose, also make sure you set their account to primary on your console. 

By split screen do you mean couch co-op or online?

Edited by EpicNogg4

1 minute ago, EpicNogg4 said:

The way I did it was game sharing with my mate so that way only one of us had to buy the game, if you are unsure how to do this all you have to do is get your friends email and password for their PS account or give it to him/her depending on who buys the game then go to their library on your console and download whichever game you choose, also make sure you set their account to primary on your console. 

By split screen do you mean couch co-op or online?

Hmm, I can see about maybe doing that. 

Ya I mean couch co-op. Me and my friend have one account we share to buy games, and if its co-op we want to play the game with our separate accounts and get the trophies. 

Just now, wilwheaton5 said:

Hmm, I can see about maybe doing that. 

Ya I mean couch co-op. Me and my friend have one account we share to buy games, and if its co-op we want to play the game with our separate accounts and get the trophies. 

In my opinion only game share if you really trust this person, last thing you would want is your details getting out. 

Yep you will both earn the trophies as long as you're logged in to your own accounts :D. Highly recommend the game by the way, very enjoyable and a nice and easy platinum to add to your collection.

Just now, EpicNogg4 said:

In my opinion only game share if you really trust this person, last thing you would want is your details getting out. 

Yep you will both earn the trophies as long as you're logged in to your own accounts :D. Highly recommend the game by the way, very enjoyable and a nice and easy platinum to add to your collection.

Ya of course, I go over to his house all the time and I have my account (Secondary) on his ps4 anyway. Ya and if we buy the game on our shared account (A third account we share) then play the game on each of our own individual accounts it will work right? It should since my family are gamers and if one of us buys a game the others can always play it on their accounts. I'm just worried since I heard the developers are strict with sharing the game license.

Ya I heard its good and its an easy platinum. The fact that its easy trophy wise and a pretty decent co-op game is why me and my friend want to get it, since most developers and publishers couldn't be asked to put split screen in their games these days.  

1 minute ago, wilwheaton5 said:

Ya of course, I go over to his house all the time and I have my account (Secondary) on his ps4 anyway. Ya and if we buy the game on our shared account (A third account we share) then play the game on each of our own individual accounts it will work right? It should since my family are gamers and if one of us buys a game the others can always play it on their accounts. I'm just worried since I heard the developers are strict with sharing the game license.

Ya I heard its good and its an easy platinum. The fact that its easy trophy wise and a pretty decent co-op game is why me and my friend want to get it, since most developers and publishers couldn't be asked to put split screen in their games these days.  

Na it should work fine, although I've never tried to game share between three accounts so not 100% sure about that. If you want to be extra safe you could always buy it on one of the accounts you will be playing on so you don't risk it but because you will be playing couch co-op I'm almost certain you won't run into any problems. So essentially you will be buying the game on your shared account then both playing it on the same console with each of your main accounts, correct?

3 minutes ago, EpicNogg4 said:

Na it should work fine, although I've never tried to game share between three accounts so not 100% sure about that. If you want to be extra safe you could always buy it on one of the accounts you will be playing on so you don't risk it but because you will be playing couch co-op I'm almost certain you won't run into any problems. So essentially you will be buying the game on your shared account then both playing it on the same console with each of your main accounts, correct?

Yes, were going to play on his console. His console has the shared account(My own ps4 has it as well), it also has his main account and my account. Were going to get the game on the shared account and the play it on the same console with mine and his accounts so we both get the trophies

2 minutes ago, wilwheaton5 said:

Yes, were going to play on his console. His console has the shared account(My own ps4 has it as well), it also has his main account and my account. Were going to get the game on the shared account and the play it on the same console with mine and his accounts so we both get the trophies

Don't see any reason why that won't work, hope you guys enjoy :)

Edited by EpicNogg4

5 minutes ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

It should work if you play it in splitscreen since each controllers demands a psn profile each... i haven't played this game yet but i've played some others like Borderlands and Black & White Bushido in which each player got all trophies when the requirement was fulfilled...

Ya same here, but I just wanted to be sure, The developers handled it a bit differently, and I wasn't sure how it all worked. I heard some co-op games on Xbox One (Correct me if I'm wrong) only one player gets the achievements and the second player doesn't, which I think is (insert swear word)

Just now, EpicNogg4 said:

Don't see any reason why that won't work, hope you guys enjoy :)

Thank you and thanks again for all your help! :) 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hi guys, I know this is an old post but i just wanna help ppl asking, so i have the game i bought it, and i invited my friend to play with me, at first we thought we both are going to get the trophies but it turns out, the owner of the game or th buyer is the only one getting them, basically im getting trophies and he's not, so keep that in mind guys.

Edited by iMouaad

Ya I know that. What me and my friend did was we split the game on shared account and then played couch co-op with our separate accounts. We gifted the game to one of our other friends. But me and my friend played local coop on the same playstation (with our own individual accounts) and we both got the trophies without issue. 

• 2 weeks later...