Which would you prefer?

Which would you prefer to happen.   

40 members have voted

1. 1. A hacker gets into the PSN trophy network and has two options before them auto delete all trophies earned for all games or auto earn all trophies in existence and auto loads them to everyone's profile.

• Reset of all trophy progress.
    • All trophies in existence.

6 hours ago, realm722 said:

Your post comes across as bitter to me. My idea of trophy hunting is you put your best foot forward and let your account speak for itself. In my personal opinion, having the most trophies isn't the defining factor. There are so many awful ridiculous games out there with 90%+ platinum status that people have, and they count the same as a game that takes 80+ hours to grind. I view trophy hunting less like a competition and more like a gallery. It's art. You go through peoples profiles and see what they've accomplished. Some only have so much time, as you mentioned towards, yet they make the most of that with having a very impressive catalogue. IMO that's more impressive than many people in the Top 50k who plow through a bunch of less impressive trophies.

As for stuff like team accounts, shareplay, etc... yeah... in every competition ever people cheat. Politicians use bribes. Athletes use steroids. Doesn't invalidate everything. 

But it does invalidate Leaderboards, which was my point. 

Nope. Not bitter. I’m not in the race and never was. Did you even look at my profile?

I think you took my post for something it’s definitely not.  

The only reason I've kept trophy hunting is because the timestamps are accurate. It shows me the journey I've made over the years playing different games and how long they've taken.

With this in mind if all trophies were automatically popped this would become meaningless. I wouldn't be able to relate to it. I hadn't done it. I don't care about having the most trophies in the world, I care about the journey. So no I would definitely not want that.

If all trophies were reset with the thousands of hours I've invested in games gone - I don't know if I could be bothered again. I'd probably just turn trophies off.

Either option makes a mockery of the trophy system. If it happened I'd rather trophies be removed altogether so we could all play games normally again.

• 5 years later...