Which would you prefer?

Which would you prefer to happen.   

40 members have voted

1. 1. A hacker gets into the PSN trophy network and has two options before them auto delete all trophies earned for all games or auto earn all trophies in existence and auto loads them to everyone's profile.

• Reset of all trophy progress.
    • All trophies in existence.

So an idea popped into my head in which a skilled hacker gets into the PSN network and can make the decision to either reset all trophy progress for everyone and makes every player have all possible trophies currently available. 

This will basically reset all trophy progress for everyone new accounts who have trophies on them connecting for the first time will automatically go with whatever the hacker decides. 

So would you prefer having all trophies and only trophy hunting new titles or having all trophy progress reset and having a huge library accessible to you plus new games coming out. 

Edited by DEMONICRUBLE18

1 hour ago, Sir_Bee said:

Wrong quote I have no idea how to delete my post. Or quotes already in my posted message. 

17 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

All trophies in existence to end this absurd delusion of fair competition in trophy hunting.

Why do you think the fairness is a delusion? 

Edited by DEMONICRUBLE18

I prefer the option of the hacker being kicked out of the network and Sony loading a backup of yesterday, leaving me having to only re-do 2 trophies in Farming Simulator 14 for the Vita.

And before you ask: yes I am boring in real life too.

Edited by pinkrobot_pb
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, SunnyCrappyYT said:

Does that mean I get the games too? 1f60a.png

No, but you would get multiple region vita trophies. 

8 hours ago, ObliviousSenpai said:

There's constantly people looking to boost or glitch their way through games.

This is an option available to all gamers and since it is I believe that makes it fair.

It's an option for people to take advantage of or not. 

7 hours ago, DaivRules said:

Why don't you think fairness is a delusion?

I never said I didn't think it was a delusion.

However, since everyone has the same options available to them, I believe that makes it fair the only thing that stops people from taking the opportunities is their own choices. For whatever reasons they may have. 

I do believe that hackers make it unfair, however the guys who run this Site and leaderboard do their best to remove them. 

However hackers might view the fact their removed is unfair. It's all a matter of one's perception of a situation. 

8 hours ago, Property_Damage said:

Could he just auto pop my unearned trophies?

unobtainables and all

Yes. 

7 hours ago, pinkrobot_pb said:

I prefer the option of the hacker being kicked out of the network and Sony loading a backup of yesterday, leaving me having to only re-do 2 trophies in Farming Simulator 14 for the Vita.

And before you ask: yes I am boring in real life too.

The hacker has removed all back ups so what ever they decide is permanent. 

Edited by DEMONICRUBLE18

1 hour ago, DEMONICRUBLE18 said:

This is an option available to all gamers and since it is I believe that makes it fair.

It's an option for people to take advantage of or not. 

I never said I didn't think it was a delusion.

However, since everyone has the same options available to them, I believe that makes it fair the only thing that stops people from taking the opportunities is their own choices. For whatever reasons they may have. 

It's all a matter of one's perception of a situation. 

Money, time, skill, experience, access all ensure no two gamers nor their situations are equal. None of these are just options they just “choose.”

When you throw in things like Team accounts, shareplay, shared accounts, controller passing and everything else that absolutely aren’t “choices”, it’s really all just a sham competition that doesn’t mean anything because nothing is fair.

But you’re right, you can absolutely choose to perceive it all as fair if you want. In which case, I refer to my original statement. 

26 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Money, time, skill, experience, access all ensure no two gamers nor their situations are equal. None of these are just options they just “choose.”

When you throw in things like Team accounts, shareplay, shared accounts, controller passing and everything else that absolutely aren’t “choices”, it’s really all just a sham competition that doesn’t mean anything because nothing is fair.

But you’re right, you can absolutely choose to perceive it all as fair if you want. In which case, I refer to my original statement. 

I'll give you the money one, but with good budgeting it's possible I'll use myself as an example I have over 1000 games, most of those were bought when I didn't have a job. 

As for time that can be a choice it all depends on how much time you want to put into gaming and how much you want to neglect other responsibilities if they exist such as being a parent or having a job. 

Skills and experience that comes with time as you play more games you build up your skills and experience.

Team accounts can be unfair but beating them solo is possible look at Hakoom he was beating everyone cheaters and team accounts for years. 

Shareplay is an option available for everyone just a matter if you want to do it or not. Personally I don't want someone else earning my trophies but for delisted games such as 1000 top rated and legend of korra I would do a shareplay with someone but request that they allow me to be in control. 

Shared accounts if you mean game sharing that's a choice we all have if we're willing to accept the risks and consequences that come with that. 

Controller passing I'm guessing getting a real life friend to do a game for you is a choice for people. 

These are all options available to everyone it's just a matter of weather their willing to make that choice or not. 

Edited by DEMONICRUBLE18

1 hour ago, DaivRules said:

Delusion confirmed, thanks for proving my point. ;)

I'm more playing devil's advocate. I see your side and I see the side I'm currently debating for. 

I see the whole thing as more of a grey area fair for some and unfair for others, like I said it's all ones perception on the issue. If you can look at it from all sides then you will see there is no true side just a cluster of perceptions that people have shaped by their own experiences. 

Like everything in life. 

Edited by DEMONICRUBLE18

9 hours ago, DEMONICRUBLE18 said:

The hacker has removed all back ups so what ever they decide is permanent.

Then I would sell my Playstation consoles and games. Because I would not want to have anything to do anymore with a company that does not stores its backups in a safe offline location.

OK I will answer seriously as well: I would pick the option of starting all over again. Don't we all fantasize about doing that sometimes? Heck, there are plenty of people who already do it!

Edited by pinkrobot_pb

15 minutes ago, pinkrobot_pb said:

Then I would sell my Playstation consoles and games. Because I would not want to have anything to do anymore with a company that does not stores its backups in a safe offline location.

OK I will answer seriously as well: I would pick the option of starting all over again. Don't we all fantasize about doing that sometimes? Heck, there are plenty of people who already do it!

The hacker thought of what they were doing could be reversed and took measures to stop it so it would be permanent so that means destroying all offline copy's. 

If I had to pick I'd prefer to reset trophy progress since it would be a reason to replay some games and also remove the games that I started and didn't like and now have them in my trophy list since they had a trophy for simply playing a level/match/etc (sony could really extend the delete a trophy list from only 0% to something like until 5%-15%).

To me this question is easily answered by what has become of the trophy system over the last few years. Both with ever increasing "grey-area" behaviour, the still lack of policing on Sonys end and the plethora of Steam level garbage thrown on the PSN store, trophy hunting has become a rather pointless affair these days. So, we look at the effect both options have.

If we remove everyone's trophies that's (for some people) almost 10 years of possibly hard work and dedication erased and for the leaderboards and general environment of trophy hunting to be headed by the new and absurd modern trophy world.

However, if we give everyone all the trophies, this actually can become the lesser of 2 evils. 1) it'd destroy the trophy focused mindset and bring people back into playing games for the sake of playing games, besides, whilst very likely it's not 100% guaranteed "PS5" onward would continue to support trophies and it could end anyway, 2) Sites like this, can maintain old stats by filtering out trophies 'earned' after the date of the hack, thus maintaining other people's accomplishments they've built up.

I just think it seems the lesser evil. Kill the dying system while maintaining the accomplishments of those who used it.

Side note:

To comment on this conversation and quote (sorry I don't know how to add quotes in edits)

"These are all options available to everyone it's just a matter of weather their willing to make that choice or not."

What if we compared that to performance enhancing drugs, option is pretty much available to anyone if they wanted to but they're still banned in sports. I'm not siding either way but merely saying that just because something is available to everyone doesn't mean it's automatically 'fair'

Edited by JohnCenaSong-
Side note

15 hours ago, DaivRules said:

Money, time, skill, experience, access all ensure no two gamers nor their situations are equal.

"Equal" and "fair" are not synonymous.

39 minutes ago, JohnCenaSong- said:

What if we compared that to performance enhancing drugs, option is pretty much available to anyone if they wanted to but they're still banned in sports. I'm not siding either way but merely saying that just because something is available to everyone doesn't mean it's automatically 'fair'

That's absolutely correct. However, the implied cause and effect is wrong in the first sentence. PEDs are not unfair in a vacuum. What makes them unfair is a set of rules which specifically outlaws them. 

Edited by starcrunch061

16 hours ago, albajos said:

3rd option. Would add glitched or otherwise unobtaineble trophies to all gamers with those games.

If that did happen to everyone I wonder if they would be flagged since it's the Sony side that got hacked and not people doing it themselves. 

Well I finally voted myself I guess I'd reset trophy progress since I still have most of my games, I buy alot digitally I'd probably be able to shoot up to first in my country pretty easily only downside would be losing the plats I have where servers have shut down and my fear 2 plat I'm really proud of those. 

Edited by DEMONICRUBLE18

On 4/5/2018 at 8:31 PM, DaivRules said:

Your post comes across as bitter to me. My idea of trophy hunting is you put your best foot forward and let your account speak for itself. In my personal opinion, having the most trophies isn't the defining factor. There are so many awful ridiculous games out there with 90%+ platinum status that people have, and they count the same as a game that takes 80+ hours to grind. I view trophy hunting less like a competition and more like a gallery. It's art. You go through peoples profiles and see what they've accomplished. Some only have so much time, as you mentioned towards, yet they make the most of that with having a very impressive catalogue. IMO that's more impressive than many people in the Top 50k who plow through a bunch of less impressive trophies.

As for stuff like team accounts, shareplay, etc... yeah... in every competition ever people cheat. Politicians use bribes. Athletes use steroids. Doesn't invalidate everything.