Platinum is possible, but it's a nightmare

HappyShox

I've read the previous posts here about the difficulty, and I have to agree with them. I just bought this game, and haven't played it before the recent patch, and I thought this won't be that hard... I was so wrong on so many levels... Just some info/tips for those who want to attempt to plat this game:

- The AI on the later levels is near impossible to beat, even if you set the difficulty to rookie. This means that if you won't make perfect laps and win the first 4 events for the Enlightened trophy you most likely won't able to get it. Also the last event for the previously mentioned trophy is near impossible to beat now, especially because of the last map's design in the tournament.

- The platinum times for the Better Than Ever trophy are nearly impossible as well. I got mine on the 3rd level of the career (Simoom Time Attack) with countless tries until I got into the top 10 in the world leaderboard. The gold time is 45:00, and I managed to get a time of 40:406. Getting your time under 40:500 should be enough, however I don't have any information on the developer times since they've been lowered. In conclusion this trophy will be the most challenging part of your journey.

- Getting into an online match is very unlikely so obtaining the Challenge The World trophy will give you a hard time. A friend of mine bought this game as well so we were able to make a private match to get this trophy. I'd recommend to search for someone directly if you want your platinum, because as I've mentioned there's almost 0% chance to get into an online race.

What I wrote above doesn't mean that it is impossible to get the platinum, even with the latest patch installed. I bought this game last week without any prior knowledge about the patches, and I was able to get that shiny platinum. It wasn't easy but it is possible even now. If you want to walk on the easier path I'd advise to get a physical copy and don't patch the game. 

Edited by HappyShox
Typos fixed

10 minutes ago, zer007uk said:

I platted it months ago, but never touched it since. What has the patch changed exactly? 

Before the patch the AI wasn't as agressive as now, and also the platinum times were easier to get. There was a fixed developer time list with beatable times, however the platinum times for the tracks have been altered in the patch. This means that you have to get times close to the world record to get a platinum medal for an event. For instance with the time I managed to get I'm currently ranked as 9th on that specific track I've mentioned. The challenge is always welcome but for a casual player, this trophy is significantly harder to get now, than before.

Also I've read on another forum that the player ships got nerfed, which proves my point that you have to make near perfect laps now in order to finish the later events.

In summary: everything just got a LOT harder.

Edited by HappyShox
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...

I just platinumed the game and I totally disagree that it's a nightmare - it's not bad at all.

Just play on Novice difficulty if you're finding it hard, and learn to strafe and use your brake from time to time if necessary.

The hardest trophy is probably the one where you have to score a platinum time, but I even managed that one just in the general course of playing the game.

(Check my Youtube channel if you want to see how)

Edited by Incognito_D
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't gotten to the final event, but I'm looking forward to it tackle it once I get there if it's as hard as people say. Is it harder than getting a platinum medal? I've already got a platinum medal in class II event "Vertigo Bonebreaker" survival, I have no idea if it's the easier ones like Incognito_D showed in his video (Saw your video on youtube, sick performance!) So I guess the difficulty of "better than ever" trophy depends on the event you pick. 

This is me getting the platinum medal, by no means was it easy but it was still very doable. Don't know if it's the easiest, take it or leave it I guess :)

Edit: Ok there are easier platinum medals out there than this one, already got a second platinum medal in another survival. Did the final career event too, and it’s not too bad. I finished 1st place in all races in the tournament except the last one and I still nailed the gold having 4/5, so I guess it’s Safest to win 3/5 races at least when going for gold.

Edited by Don_carlito94
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

yeah, the platin isnt difficult, but as happyshox said, getting the online trophy is impossible unless u ask someone directly. its a shame that nobody plays this game, because its very good. its more difficult then wipeout, because u got no pilot assist, but the trophy list is way easier.

the game is btw on sale right now.

• Like 1