Average Rank

Sorry if this has been suggested before.

I was thinking it would be nice to have average rank (S, A, B, C, etc) next to average completion as it would give a better indication that you played game that hard/time consuming/etc to platinum.

What do you guys think?

Well, those letter ranks are different for each game. That letter is given to you based on your completion vs. others' completions. S is for 100%.

As for adding an "average", I can see where you are coming from but I feel there would be at least two major issues:

1) You can't take an average for letters...

2) If you somehow managed to, where would you put the stat? I think things would start to become a little cluttered on the profile with all these letters randomly floating around.

Edited by BeautifulTorment

I think it is a nice idea. I would definitely like to see what is my average rank when it comes to completion.

Well, those letter ranks are different for each game. That letter is given to you based on your completion vs. others' completions. S is for 100%.

As for adding an "average", I can see where you are coming from but I feel there would be at least two major issues:

2) If you somehow managed to, where would you put the stat? I think things would start to become a little cluttered on the profile with all these letters randomly floating around.

Well you can assign a value to the letter and then do average with that. S = 7, A = 6 etc. with that do the average and just transfer it again into a letter.

I think one thing you can do is get the average completion and see what letter you have at that point if you are really interested in finding out.

How would that work? Each game is ranked against other people's completion. So a ranked based on average completetion would be worthless; if someone just platinum'd easy games against other people that play really well and came close to platinum'ing hard games

I think it is a nice idea. I would definitely like to see what is my average rank when it comes to completion.

Well you can assign a value to the letter and then do average with that. S = 7, A = 6 etc. with that do the average and just transfer it again into a letter.

That was my thinking too :)

Sorry if this has been suggested before.

I was thinking it would be nice to have average rank (S, A, B, C, etc) next to average completion as it would give a better indication that you played game that hard/time consuming/etc to platinum.

What do you guys think?

Sounds like a good idea

• 2 weeks later...