Kittet's Trophy To-Dos

Kittet3

Awesome Kittet3, thanks for considering my recommendations. Okami is such a fantastic game to explore, hope you end up enjoying it a lot when you come back.

Also...

Don't forget to study for your math final tomorrow. Procrastination was the name of the day everytime I had to study for when I went through college but, well, don't forget your studies. :comp:

Good luck, I'm sure you will do great on the test. ^_^

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kittet3 said:

Retrospective 4:

1S31d4ab.png

36 Fragments of Midnight (PS4)

The procrastination to study for my math final tomorrow is real :P For an easy platinum, this was actually a pretty solid game. It's basically a randomly generated platformer where you have to gather all the shards and return to base. The think the shame of this game is that it's only one level- if they made a whole 30 level campaign of this it would be a fairly respectable platformer. I got most of the trophies when I bought the game, but I was having trouble with not dying and getting frustrated because "this is supposed to be an easy game, I shouldn't have to actually try at it". After getting over my ego, I practiced on the vita version a few months ago and, coming back to the PS4 one, it was a cake walk.

Final Thoughts:

Difficulty: 2/10

Enjoyment: 5/10

Next Game: King Oddball will be taking the PS4 Game space on my scrum board!

Thanks for the amazing suggestions! For Guacamelee, my partner and I really enjoyed that game! After I make him suffer through the rest of Yasai Ninja, I think he wanted to play Knack 2, but then we plan on continuing Guacamelee! 

For Okami, I almost forgot about that game! I started it, but then I joined the "Kill Your Backlog" event and I got lost in the big open prairie at the start of the game. I have the PS3 version, so I couldn't play it remotely, but I'll certainly make that my next PS3 game to play when I get back. I really liked the part that I did end up playing.

I have yet to play Orc Slayer, but my partner did, so I'll see what his takes on the worst game ever is. The sequel is actually worse than the first game and so hard that no one actually got the platinum (one trophy is for playing the whole game with one life). We just beat the game once and the co-op trophy didn't pop :( So now we're going have to do a one-run co-op pro run after we find the scrolls.

Thats rough mate

From what i remember i didnt have to play the entire game in one solid run, for co op

i did it solo with 2 controllers up until the jumping sequence levels where you needed to be insync with your partner and basically jump from platform to platform with your partner, from those levels on, i had a partner

goodluck, and avoid the sequel at all costs

some cheap platinums arent worth the frustration/aggravation 

Retrospective 5:

1S143bc9.png

Minecraft Story Mode

I am not the target market for this game. I was too old when I got my hands on Minecraft to really enjoy the game, although I think it's a fantastic educational tool. I was sure this was going to be low on my list of favorite Telltale games, so I never sought it out. A while back, however, I downloaded all the free season one Telltale episodes and had at it. It was the little pig Reuben who really connected with me, so I eagerly sought out this game. My partner had sold his copy and my little brother claimed he couldn't part with his for a month, so I thought all hope was lost until the Season bundle went on sale in early March. Paired with a 20% off coupon, I purchased it.

This is probably my favorite Telltale game. The characters are wonderfully crafted with complex personalities and attitudes. Like most Telltale games, your choices don't matter, but they stretched the choice archs so they felt like they did. (For example, one of your characters has three potions and over a span of several episodes you use them. After you use one, you get fewer options when it comes to the next choice.) The choices also impacted gameplay a bit more and it felt more important. 

I was utterly crushed when Reuben died. I did a rant above, but I did feel that was a really powerful scene and really captured upon grief and loss in a way most games don't capture on. After that, whenever a character died, I felt utterly devastated. 

The storyline they took for the episodes was also interesting. The main plot is over in episode 4, but they introduce a "new" plotline that follows through to episode 8. At first I hated it, but it really grew on me and made the world feel more immersive. 

Final Thoughts:

Difficulty: 1/10

Enjoyment: 8/10

Next Game: Psycho-Path: Mandatory Happiness with be taking over the medium-length game spot. Mostly because this is what I usually play on plane rides and I'm flying out next Monday.

Other Updates: I removed the 'guided' tag and added 'series', although I'm really stuck on what series to start with. I put Uncharted in, but then again there's assassin's creed or resident evil which might be more enjoyable. I might have to think about it more.

I am also going to be adding a travel section in my opening post to accommodate my travels. The first subsection is going to be a list of easy and quick vita trophies to get the days I'm visiting my partner since I don't have much playtime then, but I don't want to give up my trophy-per-day streak :P I'll also add easy remote-play trophies to the list as well. This will also help when I go across seas in case I don't have much playtime one day. Any suggestions are welcomed if you know of a game with an easy and quick trophy to get!

@Property_Damage I asked my partner if Orc Slayer or Yasai Ninja was worse. He had to think about it, but he said at least he liked Yasai Ninja's music, but he couldn't think of anything redeemable about Orc Slayer. He did point out Orc Slayer is alot shorter, however, so it wasn't as bad as the hours Yasai Ninja takes. 

Update:

So I decided to swap out Yasai Ninja for The Walking Dead - A New Frontier. The first playthrough was okay, but both my partner and I wanted a break before going for the scrolls and the one-session playthrough.

Edited by Kittet3

Minecraft sure looks like an interesting game to play. Been looking to play either the regular version or the Story mode variant for some time now. The game is kinda rare over here, at least the physical version, and it usually carries a higher price tag as well.

Seems like the story really got to you. I like when games tell stories that are not only able to convey the player into the game world but also manage to reach those sweet emotional spots for the characters.

18 hours ago, Kittet3 said:

Other Updates: I removed the 'guided' tag and added 'series', although I'm really stuck on what series to start with. I put Uncharted in, but then again there's assassin's creed or resident evil which might be more enjoyable. I might have to think about it more.

I'd really recommend Uncharted above all of the other series. Went through the 3 first games on PS3 and they are absolutely fantastic (well, the first not so much but it is still pretty good). Never a dull moment with the 2 and 3 entry in the series and the characters are just great and full of personality. The shooting is spot-on and I really enjoyed hunting for the treasures as well. Multiplayer is excellent as well if you are into that. Resident Evil, can't comment on the new games, but the old ones were pretty good if you have someone to play local co-op with you. Had a great time playing Resident Evil 5 with my partner. RE6 is pretty good as well, again, if you are looking for a good action game to play with someone locally. On the Assassin's Creed games I really can't comment because I haven't played a single game from the series up to this point. 

• Like 1

Stand-Up Update #6

So if you haven't already heard the bad news, Loadout is being shut down on May 24th :( I have less then a week left being at home with my Playstation, so I made the ultimate decision that I will go for all the trophies except the 100 hour one. Could I leave my system on and rubberband the controller? Yes but I'll still need 16 registered hours a day, so I decided not to add the stress of it. 

Flower should be done this week and I'm going to try and finish Rain this weekend. 

Not much else to update. My math test went horribly because it was nothing like the review sheet I painstakingly studied. I also had a biology test that I just need a D on to get a P in the class, so hopefully, the multiple choice fell in my favor. One last final on Thursday but it honestly couldn't be worse than my first two.

Stand-Up Update #7

Loadout: I got all trophies besides the 100 hours and the campaign. I started going for the 100 hours, but my system is exhausted and I would be cutting it very close since I'm leaving Monday, so I decided to let it rest. I'll do the campaign over this weekend and hopefully get both of those trophies.

Flower: I got Urban! That trophy is a bit annoying since it's not clear how carefully you have to awaken everything. I did it twice and the first time I didn't focus enough on the road. The second time I focused on the road, but I was worried I didn't 'paint' the grass enough. Happily, it popped. I also got flow after getting some advice from the 'Spring Fling' thread. There's this odd thing that happens whenever I finish the second to last chapter, it puts me in the pause menu instead of the main menu. I think that's why my bonus flowers didn't count the first time, because I just continued to a new level not realizing it was the pause menu. I got all but one bonus flower- I'm missing the last one on the second to last stage. The guide said to fly right "while looking behind you" and I have no idea how they managed that feat. I'll probably have to look up a video for it later. After getting that leaf, it's just a bit of a blooming grind until the 100% is mine :)

Walking Dead: I fell asleep and missed episode two, so my partner and I are at a standstill until I catch up. 

Other non-gaming news: my last final is tomorrow! I've been painstaking making my "handwritten one-page note sheet you can use on the exam" in the smallest handwriting possible. Knock on wood, but there is no way this can go as badly as the last two tests. Also some good news is that some my grades have been released (the classes with no finals) and I'm super happy with two A's and a B+ :) Hopefully that trend keeps going.

Other game related news: Grow Up! is for sale this week and I'm conflicted. On one hand, I enjoyed Grow Home! to an extent and am interested in playing the sequel, on the other hand, I have so many games that it would probably be on sale much cheaper by the time I get around to playing it since it's not a super high priority game. I've resisted the temptation so far :P I always say, I've never regretted not buying a cheap game, but I have regretted buying a cheap game.

• Like 2

Flower looks like a such a cool game. Been wanting to get it alongside Journey and flOw on the Collector's Edition. I once had a chance to buy it for really cheap on a local convention and let it pass in favor of getting Beyond Two Souls and Ridge Racer 7 ha ha ha I do feel regret for missing the chance to get a cheap game. ?

Sorry to hear that your Math final went horribly. I know how that feels when you go out of your way studying something that doesn't appear in the test at all. Very frustrating. Good luck with your last final tomorrow and with the "handwritten one-page note sheet you can use on the exam" as well xD I'm sure you will do fine. ?

In regards to Grow Up!... Read my first paragraph again ? If you don't feel like buying it right now, don't do it. Continue resisting the temptation, but remember my words. Missing a good offer is one of the few things I can feel regret for.

• Like 1

I actually have two retrospectives, but I'm just going to do one today and the second one tomorrow :)

Retrospective #6

4S635e3d.png

Loadout

I started this game a week and a half before the servers shut down, which is super saddening. I completed the trophies I wanted to complete and the rest (campaign missions and 100 hours), I'm just going to leave un-popped.

I really enjoyed this game. It had a variety of game modes- some of which were more traditional control and kill modes, and some unique ones I haven't seen before. The art of this game was super fun to play with and the controls felt clean and responsive. The leveling system for this game was gathering different weapon parts to upgrade your weapon of choice, which was super easy for even me to grasp. My favorite feature of this game that I haven't seen before is that taunting actually helps your team capture points faster. The "taunts" are actually super silly dated dance moves, so it was fun to be dancing at a point while the other team is shooting at you.

The community was also active- and not with just high-level characters either. If I had one complaint, it would be that I was usually one of the best ones on my team... and this is not my genre at all. Many of my teammates would prefer just killing the other team instead of playing strategically. This made it super welcoming to new players, but a bit frustrating with more veteran players.  

I will I would have gotten more time with this game to actually play the 100 hours and dive deeper in the campaign modes. It's unfortunate that the devs couldn't meet the changing online privacy policies and I hope this isn't a barrier to future teams. 

Final thoughts:

Enjoyment: 6/10

Difficulty: 1/10 (for the trophies I got)

Other gaming related news: 

I updated my backlog and moved a few games around. I am planning to join Toogie's new event for the summer, so I am reserving a few spaces on my backlogs so I can jump into those games right away. I just thought I'd keep it a secret of what games I'll be choosing until the event is live :P I also finished Spring Fling!

Other non-gaming related news:

I got 7 points lower than the mean on my exam today, which tells me absolutely nothing about how I did. My school grades around the median- so the median grade for the class is a B and anyone above gets above a B and anyone below gets below a B. Being so close to the mean, however, probably lands me in that B range for the final, which is good enough for me :) I'm also free from tests now!!! (For about 6 weeks at least!) 

If anyone else is struggling through finals right now, just remember that finals don't mean anything and your worth is not tied to your GPA (or whatever your equivalent grading scale is) I always tell myself that if a company or program is going to exclude me because of something as meaningless as a grade, then it's not a company I want to work at anyway. Good luck!

Edited by Kittet3
  • Like 1

Good choice on not pushing yourself with the 100 hours trophy on that game. If it is going to be closing soon, you would have had to push yourself extra hard to get it in the next couple of days before your trip. Game sounds kind of fun based on your description.

Interesting that your school grades around the median. In my country, we work with a totally different system. When I studied, tests were graded on a 0 to 20 scale. A score of 10 or above means that you approved and any score below 10, means that you weren't able to pass the test, all this without any regard to anyone else's score. That was years ago, I think it was changed to something much more simple a couple of years ago. Nowadays, I think schools in my country work with simple approved-not-approved-and-something-else-in-between kind of system. Kinda sucky in my opinion.

Anyways, good work on that B grade. Now it's time to start enjoying these following 6 weeks without tests! :highfive:

Retrospective #7 

2Sb96ff6.png

Flower

It's a bird! It's a plane! It's... a column of flower petals flowing through the air?

I don't know where this game came from, but someone I ended up with all three versions. At first, I was excited. My spirit animal is a sunflower, I'm going to love this game! But, in reality, it's not too amazing. It's a beautiful concept of controlling the wind and blowing petals through the air to bloom flowers and brighten up a world that's dreary grey. However, it lacks a bit. The graphics are amazing, but the game requires movement controls along with analog sticks and offers no tutorial, so the learning curve was pretty big for me to try and control my petals. The game was also zoomed out a bit too much for my liking- not that it was difficult because of that, but I think it would have created more stunning visuals if it zoomed in a bit. Finally, it lacked actual gameplay. I'm not a big fan of "every story indie game needs to have puzzles", but some type of progression between the levels outside of the backdrop would have been nice. I mentioned in the Spring Fling thread that I would have enjoyed it if I could have used my wind power to blow other things around instead of just flowers.

Final Thoughts:

Difficulty: 3/10

Enjoyment: 4/10

Other gaming news:

My next event games have been revealed! Submerged and Dangraronpa are on the scrum board now, which Claire and Adventure time are waiting for a spot. I also temporary retired King Oddball because I got addicted to Minefield ?

Non-gaming news:

I PASSED MY LAST MATH CLASS EVER! I completed failed the final, but my other grades were high enough for me to slip by with tons of wiggle room.

22 hours ago, Honor_Hand said:

Good choice on not pushing yourself with the 100 hours trophy on that game. If it is going to be closing soon, you would have had to push yourself extra hard to get it in the next couple of days before your trip. Game sounds kind of fun based on your description.

Interesting that your school grades around the median. In my country, we work with a totally different system. When I studied, tests were graded on a 0 to 20 scale. A score of 10 or above means that you approved and any score below 10, means that you weren't able to pass the test, all this without any regard to anyone else's score. That was years ago, I think it was changed to something much more simple a couple of years ago. Nowadays, I think schools in my country work with simple approved-not-approved-and-something-else-in-between kind of system. Kinda sucky in my opinion.

Anyways, good work on that B grade. Now it's time to start enjoying these following 6 weeks without tests! :highfive:

Every college and even department has their own twist on the grading scale at my university. Most of them stick to the typical "100%-95% is A, 95%-90% is A-, etc." policy, maybe with a curve thrown in (Everyone gets +5% at the end). My college decided that was too simple and does it all based on median- which is nice because it's really hard to fail but it's also really hard to get an A. (It also makes the culture really competitive, which ends up with us having one of the yuckiest college cultures on the campus) It's annoying because every US college has a different way of doing it, but we all get a GPA (a number between 0.00-4.00. 4.00 is straight A's, 3.00 is straight B's.) and we're expected to put it on our resume. So how my college decides to grades can literally affect how I get into grad school (although most of them are good at looking at major and college as well as GPA, competitive schools are ranked based on the GPA of their incoming class) 

Edited by Kittet3
  • Like 1

Retrospective #8

1Sf8135d.png

Rain

I mentioned before being on the edge about this game as I remember the levels being lengthy and the story being lackluster. At least, the game wasn't good enough for me to want to return to it at any point in the last two years. So when I started the game, I was a bit critical with my opinions. First, I thought that maybe the game would be good if the graphics were better. Then, it was moaning about how simple the puzzles were. You know when a game makes you go into a new area, it's because there's a story point or new concept? Not in this game, which continued to wrap me around in circles around the city. I also got frustrated at the camera angles making it difficult to tell where the ledges were.

So, imagine my surprise when I completed the game and decided that this was a really great game. It was another indie game with a cool concept and a beautiful story. However, unlike other games I played recently like Papo and Yo, I wouldn't call this a puzzler. There was never a time I had to really question what to do, I just kept moving forward and the first path I saw was often the one I needed. And the areas I complained about before? They really added depth to the city as we explored it. Trophy-wise, the game was really simple. After completing it, it took about an hour to jump in and out of chapter select to get the collectibles using a video guide. (Would have been less if someone told me I could skip the cutscenes.)

Final thoughts:

Enjoyment: 8/10

Next game:

So I wanted a game that could be completed in the next two days and, according to the trophy guide, Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon is less than 10 hours. It's been a while since I played a non-indie game, so I'm excited to jump back into a main franchise. 

Edited by Kittet3
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Kittet3 said:

Next game:

So I wanted a game that could be completed in the next two days and, according to the trophy guide, Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon is less than 10 hours. It's been a while since I played a non-indie game, so I'm excited to jump back into a main franchise. 

Great choice. That's an awesome game. Super funny and action-packed. One of the best tutorials out there, you will know when you start the game xD The game is pretty short so you shouldn't have problems in finishing it in a day or two.

I'd recommend playing it on hard from the beginning. The whole game is on the easy side considering how overpowered the main characters is, especially on the end when you are leveled up and with all the guns upgraded, you will mow down enemies with ease. I don't think it should extend your playthrough for more than 10 hours but if you think you are hard pressed for time, stick to normal. 

EDIT; Would be so awesome if Ubisoft decided to make a full-blown sequel out of this idea. :awesome:

Edited by Honor_Hand
  • Like 1

Stand-up Update #8

Far Cry: Blood Dragon: Okay, huge issue is that I'm having way too much fun with this game and today's the last day I'll be able to play it for months. I'm also supposed to be packing rn and I have an assignment due next week ? This game is great, though. I had a bit of trouble in the tutorial because it first taught me stealth and didn't really motivate me to shoot, so I was in stealth mode and that didn't work well. After a few retries, though, I got it down pact. Unfortunately, when I came back to the game today to continue, my progress wasn't saved so I got to do the tutorial again. Not a big deal, but kinda annoying how the save system works. Also, booting up the game takes forever.

Walking Dead New Frontier:  Not much to say besides we finished the fourth chapter yesterday and plan on finishing the final one today. We both agree it's not the best addition to the series- I'm still mad that Kenny hasn't made his appearance.

Great choice. That's an awesome game. Super funny and action-packed. One of the best tutorials out there, you will know when you start the game xD The game is pretty short so you shouldn't have problems in finishing it in a day or two.

I'd recommend playing it on hard from the beginning. The whole game is on the easy side considering how overpowered the main characters is, especially on the end when you are leveled up and with all the guns upgraded, you will mow down enemies with ease. I don't think it should extend your playthrough for more than 10 hours but if you think you are hard pressed for time, stick to normal. 

EDIT; Would be so awesome if Ubisoft decided to make a full-blown sequel out of this idea. :awesome:

Woah woah, you make it sound like I want it to be a challenge or something :P I like my games as easy as possible. I love the dragons so a sequel would have been amazing. 

Edited by Kittet3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kittet3 said:

Far Cry: Blood Dragon: Okay, huge issue is that I'm having way too much fun with this game and today's the last day I'll be able to play it for months. I'm also supposed to be packing rn and I have an assignment due next week 1f625.png This game is great, though. I had a bit of trouble in the tutorial because it first taught me stealth and didn't really motivate me to shoot, so I was in stealth mode and that didn't work well. After a few retries, though, I got it down pact. Unfortunately, when I came back to the game today to continue, my progress wasn't saved so I got to do the tutorial again. Not a big deal, but kinda annoying how the save system works. Also, booting up the game takes forever.

I really didn't go with stealth in the game as my weapons of choices were the minigun and the Kobracon with explosive rounds. :P

Sorry to hear about the issues with the game save. Good thing is that the game is pretty short.

• Like 1

Hey, so took a peek at your scrum board and I like the idea behind it. Sounds like a good way to keep focused, especially with such a huge backlog. 600 hundred games! How long did it take you to collect all them and when do you think will you finished all of them, if ever. :)

But the approach you took to organize your to-do list is intriguing, or the categories you choose to be specific. Actually I think I might do something similar when I can't decide which games I should pick for a month, you know like a themes of the month type of thing.

Nice to hear you liked Book of unwritten tales 2, it's a very good adventure and one of my favorites. Maybe I even buy it for my PS4 again at some point, Too bad the first part isn't available for any PlayStation, because it's better or more original then part two. Did you play the first game? You two seem to have a very broad interest when it comes to games, is there a genre you don't like?

Anyway, have a good time in South Korea, even without your consoles. :)

• Like 1

On 5/14/2018 at 9:39 AM, Durandal said:

Hey, so took a peek at your scrum board and I like the idea behind it. Sounds like a good way to keep focused, especially with such a huge backlog. 600 hundred games! How long did it take you to collect all them and when do you think will you finished all of them, if ever. :)

But the approach you took to organize your to-do list is intriguing, or the categories you choose to be specific. Actually I think I might do something similar when I can't decide which games I should pick for a month, you know like a themes of the month type of thing.

Nice to hear you liked Book of unwritten tales 2, it's a very good adventure and one of my favorites. Maybe I even buy it for my PS4 again at some point, Too bad the first part isn't available for any PlayStation, because it's better or more original then part two. Did you play the first game? You two seem to have a very broad interest when it comes to games, is there a genre you don't like?

Anyway, have a good time in South Korea, even without your consoles. :)

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you :)

A lot of the games are Plus games. The rest of them I picked up in sales throughout the years as I just cannot resist a half-decent game for under three dollars. I went a bit overboard, however, and never stopped to realize until recently I was just adding more and more games to my backlog. I don't think I'll ever finish them, but I am expecting when the plus games decrease from 6 to 2 a month that I will start making a decent dent in the backlog.

Thanks! I tried to fit broad enough categories that any games could fit into the list, but yet narrow enough that I had a diverse set of games to choose to suit my mood. I'm still editing them and I may swap them from time to time, but as they are they give me a pretty good bunch to choose from.

I never played the first game, unfortunately, but I loved the second so much I finished it twice :) The dynamic characters and humor was so surprisingly good that it was the longest point-and-click game that I actually paid attention to the story.

I try to look at every game as an experience and I try to not limit myself to genres- I tell myself I will and can play everything and learn from every game, even awful ones. I can't do big names sports games, however, like NBA or MBL. I draw the line there because I just know I won't be able to enjoy them. There are a few other genres- racing, fighting, and JRPGs, that I haven't gotten a chance to play too much of and that I'm perfectly awful at. However, I have a few games in those genres and I plan to play more of them in the future. 

Thanks!

• Like 1

No worries!

I just cannot resist a half-decent game for under three dollars.

yeah I know the feeling. I have done this for my PC collection over at gog.com. I "only" have close to 200 on this account, and most of them just for 5 Euro or below, and most of them are old games I used to have but lost over time. One more advantage for digital copies.

I never played the first game, unfortunately

If you ever have the chance to play it somehow do it, you will definitely like it too. And it gives you some nice background lore. It is even tightly connected to the second part. And you will learn a great deal about the Wilbur, Ivo & Nate too.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Stand-Up Update I forgot what number I was on, why did I number these to begin with? Let's forget that ever happened:

Milestone: 100-day trophy streak!

I made it to Korea! The only thing that didn't make it was my earbuds that I lost during the last 3 hours of flight on the plane and my fan which decided to start smoking when I plugged it in (opps, I guess I did need that power converter). Luckily remote play sees to be working fine here, and although it's annoying to have to keep track of Minnesota time in order to keep my trophy streak, it's not the end of the world. I refreshed my scrum board by adding and moving a few games around that I was interested in- most notably Don't Bite Me Bro since it recently got a trophy guide and Hohokum, since I don't have a PS3 here, I'm going to pick PS3 games that are cross-platform. 

Other then that, I removed the games I used on my bean dived list. I'm going to keep the list in case I'm ever short on time. I also bought two new games in the flash sale last weekend - Persona 4 Golden and the rest of King's Quest for the PS4! I decided to get them because neither goes on sale too often and I was highly interested in both. Persona 4 I plan on starting after Psycho-Pass and King's Quest will probably take The Walking Dead's spot. I also decided to move event games out of the main categories, mainly so I wouldn't have to wait for a spot in order to start them.

• Like 4

Hey Kittet3, nice to hear from you again. It's been a while since your last update...

Glad you made it to Korea. Hope you have a great time in that place. Bring us a souvenir when you come back. ;):P

Good luck working on those pending games you have there.

Stand-Up Update I forgot what number I was on, why did I number these to begin with? Let's forget that ever happened:

lol

Edited by Honor_Hand
  • Like 2

Stand-Up Update:

Milestone: 7,250 trophies!

Turns out that I'm not a fan of Lone Survivor, so that got pushed back into the backlog. I brought Energy Balance out now that I finally got one of the solvers to work for me (I used the Python solver on PST with an online compiler) and I'm hoping to get both versions crossed off soon-ish. I also tried Freedom Wars and I LOVE it. I got the online trophies from a boosting session, so I rotated my games around a bit so I could still keep it on my list. 

May's coming to a close and I don't think I'll be making my 36.50% of all trophies goal. I'd need to get about 41 more trophies to reach it, and that doesn't seem possible in the short amount of time I have. Looking forward to June, I'm considering adding an x amount of games completed goal. I think I'll keep the +250 trophies per month goal since that seems somewhat doable and I might do a slight increase in the trophies per day (maybe 5.2 instead of 5). I'll probably keep the total percentage goal as is, although that's rather disappointing since I was hoping to do a half a percent increase each month with that. Maybe I'll try a 0.25% increase. My trouble is maintaining a percentage since plus games usually tank it rather quickly.

For a quick South Korea update, people grossly overestimating how much American food there is here. From someone who doesn't like any Asian food, I'm getting to the point of looking into shipping granola bars from America once my current stash runs out. I'm also either sweating hot or freezing cold- 25C is a strange temperature for me apparently and that's what every place is set at.

• Like 1

MONTHLY ROUND-UP 

Yay, it's June! Now that I've officially had my checklist for a month, I thought I'd demo doing a monthly round-up of my progress the past month.

May Goals

☑️ 7,250 total trophies

? 36.50% trophies gained from all active games

☑️ 5.00 or higher trophies per day

May Stats

Trophies: 165

Games Started: 20

Games Played: 35

Minecraft: Story Mode

Walking Dead: New Frontier

36 Fragments of Midnight

Loadout

Yasai Ninja

Minefield

Flower

Rain

Energy Balance

Freedom Wars

Minefield

Psycho-Pass Mandatory Happiness

Asemblance

36 Fragments of Midnight

Royal Defense

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon

Counterspy

King Oddball

Furmins

Draw Slasher

Breakquest: Extra Evolution

Beyond: Two Souls

Flower

Flower

Medieval Defenders

Iron Sea Defenders

Kick and Fennick

Lords of the Fallen

King Oddball

Don't Bite Me Bro!

Lemmings Touch

Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution 2 Plus

StarDrone Extreme

99Vidas

Submerged

Games Currently Active: 649 (+16)

Percentage of Trophies Gained from all Active Games: 36.31% (+0.22%)

Current Trophy Streak: 105 Days

Day with most earned trophies: May 5th

Last game completed: Rain

Game Stats

Favorite Game Completed: Minecraft Story Mode

Hardest Game Completed: Asemblance 

Event Stats

Completed Spring Fling!

Life Updates

Passed all my classes last semester

Enjoyed Florida for a week

Moved to South Korea for the Summer

• Like 2

I cannot open the spoiler in the previous post for whatever reason....

Good job on meeting 2 out of 3 goals for this past month Kittet3. Noticed you made a new set of goals for this coming month. Good luck working on them. ?

Hope you're doing good in South Korea.

Not totally unrelated but this thread remineded me that I have a journal that I should be updating as well lol

• Like 1

Retrospective

16S4ef6ae.png

Frobisher Says!

Okay, so I'm cheating a bit since I never actually put this game on my scrum board, not no one will probably notice (Shhh).

Frobisher Says! is a free vita game that I played when I first got my vita four years ago. That can't be right, I'm not that old, am I? With the 20% coupon I got from Playstation Live, I decided to finally purchase the two paid DLC packs for this game as they never seem to go on sale. (And there was

The game is actually alot of fun. It's a series of silly mini-games led by a potentially unstable character named Frobisher that are custom for the vita and takes advantage of all the vita's hardware capabilities (AR, tilt, touchpads, camera, face-recognition, color recognition, camera, etc). Each mini-game takes less than 15 seconds to do. The game doesn't actually tell you how to complete the mini games besides a cryptic instruction and flashing controls, but they are all fun and quick to figure out. Trophy-wise, most of them involve doing certain actions in certain mini games, which can get annoying because the mini games you get are randomized each game. There's also this evil blue bird called Posonby that you have to capture in EXACTLY 4  minutes and 9 seconds and I still get annoyed at that trophy four years later. 

The DLC packs add a handful of new mini-games and, for the almost four-ish dollars I paid, I wasn't disappointed by them. It was really fun going back to the game and the new mini-games were even better than the originals (my favorite has to be where you have to delete Rudolf's save game data). Considering the game was free, I wasn't too bothered with the DLC pack price, although if I paid for the game, I would have thought the price much too high for the content it gave. 

Enjoyment: 6/10

• Like 1

Major Stand-Up Update: 

Good morning! It's memorial day for me, so I get to enjoy a beautiful weekday with no work :D I decided to dedicate some of that time into doing a major update to my trophy list. Some changes include:

-removed about me sesssion

-single-spaced backlogged

-numbered backlog items

-added June plus games to backlog

-hard new-line after May's sprint review games

-percentages updated

-updated sprint backlog. I decided to revamp this section specifically since the old way wasn't being as effective. The new change is that I listed 10 different categories of games (I changed a few of them from before) and I now have a monthly goal to complete one game per category. If I don't complete a category one month, then it goes to the top of the list the next month. I'm also trying to, informally, only dedicate to 5 games on the list at one time. That way I have the flexibility to choose games as the month progresses instead of all at once.

I made this change because 10 games felt like alot of choices still, and I often moved them so I could play whatever I wanted, making the whole list kind of a mute point. This way, I can only use a category once a month, so even if I move them around, I still am working towards games in each category. 

I also completed two games: Danganronpa and Energy Balance! Those retrospectives are in the works. 

And that's all for this update! I might still change things around a bit, but I'm going to try this format for a while and see how I like it.

• Like 1