Jak 2 PS3 debug platnium help

gamebox2122

On 5/9/2021 at 4:50 AM, themindisacity said:

Adding on to this...I played the cutscene for Grin and Baron It several times, and it ended up unlocking Kersplash.  I'm pretty sure that's not the only time this has happened on my list - I wasn't paying attention since I was playing the cutscenes several times.  I'm wondering if it's just playing a cutscene enough times triggers any trophy to unlock.

EDIT:  I played that same cutscene for an hour, and also unlocked I Heart Heart and Who Knew Krew Blew.

I was able to get Speed Speedily, Scout's Honor, I Heart Heart, Who Knew Krew Blew?, and Heavy Distortion from replaying cutscenes.

Also got Don't Let Him Get Away from a cutscene after doing Skip the Stairs and More Power to You from chapter select.

Edited by BUdawg69

• 8 months later...

Replaying cutscenes 100 times hoping trophies eventually pop is a stupid way to get trophies and a waste of time.

If you're going to go the debug route on the PS3 version, just go to chapter select and beat the level to get the trophy to pop for the ones that don't pop via playing cutscenes exploit. You can hover in debug mode and you're basically invincible as every time you engage hover your health gets restored which turns the game into a complete joke and you can skip most levels entirely and just fly to the end and get the trophy to pop as well boss fights being no challenge whatsoever. 

The only one where you'll have to put a little more effort in is the hover race one which you'll actually have to practice a few times to get first place in and debug mode gives you no advantage here. Once you figure out how to consistently nail the shortcut then it's easy. 

• 5 months later...
On 30.03.2021 at 6:06 PM, Azrael-CP said:

3 years after your very useful post, i will extend data on Jak II PS3 debug trophies.

Following trophies can be unlocked after named cutscenes, you may need to reload a few times to make it work:

Finders Keepers ……………. Act 3 Sig’s in Trouble

Speed Quicker….. .Act 3 Krew makes a threat

Grin and Baron It………… Act 3 The Game Player Steps Up

Timber!.......... Act 3 Getting the Time Map

We’re All Friends Here…. Act 3 Sig’s in Trouble

Speeding slowly…….. act 3 It’s a trap

Strip Mine Not Yours….. Act 2 The Wells Go Boom!

Testosterone....... Act 2 The door opens

Next trophies you need to use Chapter select and actually PLAY the proper requirement in order to unlock, sorry there is no automatic unlock here, 

for example Speed Speedily requires you to load the Big Race scene and actually WIN after that cutscene will follow and trophy will pop afterwards.

More Power to You, Speed Speedily, Skip the Stairs, Don't Let Him Get Away, Scout's Honor, Sunken Ship, Clap Hands, Doggin' the Hellcats, I Heart Heart, Who Knew Krew Blew? , KerplashAND Heavy Distortion

Hope it helps.

I played all the listed cutscenes around 10 times and got most of the trophies that Azrael listed with thick font. I recommend playing them multiple times because few of them gave me up to 3 trophies. Currently standing at 81% and this might be it. Time to chapter select few remaining levels.

• Like 1